AUSTIN, TX -- (Marketwire) -- 03/01/13 -- As Lion Street continues to emerge as an important force in the life insurance industry, they announced today that industry veteran Brian Murphy has accepted an invitation to join their Board of Directors. He will advise on the growth and expansion of Lion Street's financial services distribution platform.
Brian Murphy comments, "I've been a believer, and have been involved, in Lion Street since the beginning. Lion Street is a new and unique model and I am excited to contribute to its growth. The ability to help build a company that deals with producers and distribution on the front lines is extremely appealing. The life industry needs contemporary distribution solutions, and Lion Street will be just that."
Murphy served as Executive Vice President of The Hartford's Individual Life Group from 2007 until 2012 and was also Chairman of Woodbury Financial Services, The Hartford's independent Broker-Dealer. Previously, Murphy was EVP of Insurance Operations at American General. He has broad industry experience including being Chairman of the Financial Services Institute, and he was a member of the Life Insurance Committee of ACLI.
Commenting on the addition to the board, Lion Street Founder & CEO Bob Carter remarked, "Companies that want to go from good to great must never compromise on the quality of their Directors. Brian is a proven winner and has a great passion for the life insurance business."
About Lion Street, Inc.
Lion Street is a privately held financial services distribution company based in Austin, Texas. Lion Street provides elite independent life insurance producers access to the financial products, intellectual capital, and specialized resources they need to meet the sophisticated needs of their high-net-worth and corporate clients. Lion Street is a portfolio company of Austin Ventures, a venture capital firm with $3.9 billion of assets under management. To learn more about Lion Street, visit www.lionstreet.com.
Most Popular Stories
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- The Blade, Toledo, Ohio, TK Barger column
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'