A Broward Sheriff's detention deputy was carjacked before dawn Friday on Florida's Turnpike in Miramar.
The male deputy was off duty and unharmed, but his personal SUV was stolen during the incident that happened as he traveled north near exit 46, Northwest 27th Avenue/University Drive near Calder Casino & Race Course around 4:30 a.m., the Broward Sheriff's Office said.
That's when three people in a red Volvo with red and blue flashing lights pulled the deputy's SUV over, BSO Spokeswoman Veda Coleman-Wright said in a press release Friday.
Two of the suspects were armed. They got out of the Volvo and stole the SUV, she said.
The deputy was not harmed.
Being sought are the deputy's 2011 black Chevrolet Suburban with a Florida license plate ATL J72 and the red Volvo, that is believed to be a 2007 model stolen during a carjacking Tuesday at a Hollywood gas station, Coleman-Wright said.
Most Popular Stories
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week