A Broward Sheriff's detention deputy was carjacked before dawn Friday on Florida's Turnpike in Miramar.
The male deputy was off duty and unharmed, but his personal SUV was stolen during the incident that happened as he traveled north near exit 46, Northwest 27th Avenue/University Drive near Calder Casino & Race Course around 4:30 a.m., the Broward Sheriff's Office said.
That's when three people in a red Volvo with red and blue flashing lights pulled the deputy's SUV over, BSO Spokeswoman Veda Coleman-Wright said in a press release Friday.
Two of the suspects were armed. They got out of the Volvo and stole the SUV, she said.
The deputy was not harmed.
Being sought are the deputy's 2011 black Chevrolet Suburban with a Florida license plate ATL J72 and the red Volvo, that is believed to be a 2007 model stolen during a carjacking Tuesday at a Hollywood gas station, Coleman-Wright said.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women