TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 02/08/13 -- Russel Metals Inc. (TSX: RUS) announced today that the strike at the Company's Acier Leroux plant in Boucherville, Quebec has been resolved. Yesterday, a wide majority of the employees voted in favour of a five year contract and will be returning to work on Monday, February 11, 2013.
Brian R. Hedges, President and CEO, stated "We are pleased to have a five year agreement in place and now our management and union members can concentrate on providing our Acier Leroux customers with the high standard of service they expect."
Russel Metals is one of the largest metals distribution companies in North America. It carries on business in three metals distribution segments: metals service centers, energy products and steel distributors, under various names including Russel Metals, A.J. Forsyth, Acier Leroux, Acier Loubier, Acier Richler, Alberta Industrial Metals, Apex Distribution, Apex Remington, Arrow Steel Processors, B&T Steel, Baldwin International, Comco Pipe and Supply, Fedmet Tubulars, JMS Russel Metals, Leroux Steel, McCabe Steel, Megantic Metal, Metaux Russel, Metaux Russel Produits Specialises, Milspec, Norton Metals, Pioneer Pipe, Russel Metals Specialty Products, Russel Metals Williams Bahcall, Siemens Laserworks, Spartan Energy Tubulars, Sunbelt Group, Triumph Tubular & Supply, Wirth Steel and York-Ennis.
Russel Metals Inc.
Marion E. Britton, C.A.
Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham
- Clinton Rallies New England Women
- Market Jolt Offers a Reality Check for Investors
- Stocks Close Out Best Week in Nearly 2 Years
- Do Voters Want Compromise?
- Timeline for New York Ebola Doctor
- Microsoft Earnings Drive Stocks Higher
- 'Kissing Congressman' Admits Mistake in Reelection Bid
- Ebola in New York, Mali Raises Travel Jitters