TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 02/08/13 -- Russel Metals Inc. (TSX: RUS) announced today that the strike at the Company's Acier Leroux plant in Boucherville, Quebec has been resolved. Yesterday, a wide majority of the employees voted in favour of a five year contract and will be returning to work on Monday, February 11, 2013.
Brian R. Hedges, President and CEO, stated "We are pleased to have a five year agreement in place and now our management and union members can concentrate on providing our Acier Leroux customers with the high standard of service they expect."
Russel Metals is one of the largest metals distribution companies in North America. It carries on business in three metals distribution segments: metals service centers, energy products and steel distributors, under various names including Russel Metals, A.J. Forsyth, Acier Leroux, Acier Loubier, Acier Richler, Alberta Industrial Metals, Apex Distribution, Apex Remington, Arrow Steel Processors, B&T Steel, Baldwin International, Comco Pipe and Supply, Fedmet Tubulars, JMS Russel Metals, Leroux Steel, McCabe Steel, Megantic Metal, Metaux Russel, Metaux Russel Produits Specialises, Milspec, Norton Metals, Pioneer Pipe, Russel Metals Specialty Products, Russel Metals Williams Bahcall, Siemens Laserworks, Spartan Energy Tubulars, Sunbelt Group, Triumph Tubular & Supply, Wirth Steel and York-Ennis.
Russel Metals Inc.
Marion E. Britton, C.A.
Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
Most Popular Stories
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Photo ID Required for Unemployment Benefits
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Tech Firms to Increase Hiring for 4th Year in a Row
- Job Fair for S.C. Grads
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California
- China's Money Rate Drops on Slowdown Concern
- '300' Sequel Conquers Box Office Foes