Crude oil rose to more than $96 per barrel Friday in New York with the dollar index off 0.11 percent to 80.14 on the International Exchange.
West Texas Intermediate crude oil for March delivery added 47 cents to $96.41 per barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange.
Reformulated blendstock gasoline gained 3.31 cents to $3.05 per gallon. Heating oil added 3.17 cents to $3.2467 per gallon.
Natural gas added 1.5 cents to $3.311 per million British thermal units.
At the pump, the national average price of unleaded gasoline rose to $3.567 per gallon from Thursday's $3.555 per gallon, AAA said.
Most Popular Stories
- Steven Sotloff Beheading Video Claimed by Islamic State
- Apple Planning to Launch Mobile Wallet
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- Men Are the Big Winners in the Jobs Recovery
- Durant Spurns Under Armour to Return to Nike
- Netflix Unveils New Way to Share Picks
- Auto Industry Going Back to Bad Habits
- Construction Spending Staged Strong Rebound in July
- Celebrities Vow Revenge on Hackers Who Posted Photos