The holding company of Commerce Bank has named a younger Kemper as its president and chief operating officer.
Commerce Bancshares said Friday that John W. Kemper will be its president.
He succeeds his father, David W. Kemper, who remains chairman and CEO of the $22.2 billion-asset company.
John Kemper has been at the bank since 2007 and most recently served as its chief administrative officer.
Prior to joining the Kansas City, Mo.-based company, he worked at financial services consultancy McKinsey & Co., in Chicago and New York.
He has a bachelor's degree from Stanford University, a master's of science in economic history from the London School of Economics and a master's in business administration from Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management.
Commerce Bank ranks fifth in Wichita-area deposits.
Most Popular Stories
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Microsoft Beats Income Expectations
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low