The holding company of Commerce Bank has named a younger Kemper as its president and chief operating officer.
Commerce Bancshares said Friday that John W. Kemper will be its president.
He succeeds his father, David W. Kemper, who remains chairman and CEO of the $22.2 billion-asset company.
John Kemper has been at the bank since 2007 and most recently served as its chief administrative officer.
Prior to joining the Kansas City, Mo.-based company, he worked at financial services consultancy McKinsey & Co., in Chicago and New York.
He has a bachelor's degree from Stanford University, a master's of science in economic history from the London School of Economics and a master's in business administration from Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management.
Commerce Bank ranks fifth in Wichita-area deposits.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills