The holding company of Commerce Bank has named a younger Kemper as its president and chief operating officer.
Commerce Bancshares said Friday that John W. Kemper will be its president.
He succeeds his father, David W. Kemper, who remains chairman and CEO of the $22.2 billion-asset company.
John Kemper has been at the bank since 2007 and most recently served as its chief administrative officer.
Prior to joining the Kansas City, Mo.-based company, he worked at financial services consultancy McKinsey & Co., in Chicago and New York.
He has a bachelor's degree from Stanford University, a master's of science in economic history from the London School of Economics and a master's in business administration from Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management.
Commerce Bank ranks fifth in Wichita-area deposits.
Most Popular Stories
- Scholarships Offered for Hispanic Heritage Month
- Latin America Seeks Ways to Add Value to China Exports
- Boeing Succeeds in Early Wooing of China Airline Startups
- Hope Solo Sets Shutout Record in US Rout of Mexico
- Hurdles for Obama Health Law in Second Enrollment Season
- Etsy Says 'No' to Redskins Logo, Name
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- IS Releases New Beheading Video
- Detroit Bankruptcy: Pivotal Progress in Trial's Second Week
- Sneak Peek: A Roundup of 2015 New Models