The holding company of Commerce Bank has named a younger Kemper as its president and chief operating officer.
Commerce Bancshares said Friday that John W. Kemper will be its president.
He succeeds his father, David W. Kemper, who remains chairman and CEO of the $22.2 billion-asset company.
John Kemper has been at the bank since 2007 and most recently served as its chief administrative officer.
Prior to joining the Kansas City, Mo.-based company, he worked at financial services consultancy McKinsey & Co., in Chicago and New York.
He has a bachelor's degree from Stanford University, a master's of science in economic history from the London School of Economics and a master's in business administration from Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management.
Commerce Bank ranks fifth in Wichita-area deposits.
Most Popular Stories
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause
- Detroit Muslim Conference Stirs Controversy