The holding company of Commerce Bank has named a younger Kemper as its president and chief operating officer.
Commerce Bancshares said Friday that John W. Kemper will be its president.
He succeeds his father, David W. Kemper, who remains chairman and CEO of the $22.2 billion-asset company.
John Kemper has been at the bank since 2007 and most recently served as its chief administrative officer.
Prior to joining the Kansas City, Mo.-based company, he worked at financial services consultancy McKinsey & Co., in Chicago and New York.
He has a bachelor's degree from Stanford University, a master's of science in economic history from the London School of Economics and a master's in business administration from Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management.
Commerce Bank ranks fifth in Wichita-area deposits.
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border