WARREN, PA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/07/13 -- McKissock, a leader in continuing education, knows that even around Valentine's Day, there is no love lost between neighbors disputing land rights. In fact, territorial disputes have existed as long as humans and they can get quite ugly. To learn how to handle these disputes, McKissock offers land surveyor education opportunities, one of which is a three-hour elective course for called "Disputes Between Adjoining Landowners."
This land surveyor education course, "Disputes Between Adjoining Landowners," looks at the basis of claims to property and explains some of the terms that recur when people claim to use or own land. Land surveyors often find there is more than one opinion as to the location of interests and boundary lines between adjoiners. This course addresses such disagreements and some of their legally prescribed resolutions, including adverse possession, quiet title actions, estoppel, boundary line commissions and boundary line agreements.
"Land surveyors are often called upon to determine important boundaries and find themselves in the middle of unpleasant disputes," says Annie Creek, Business Development Manager at McKissock. "However, this course contiuously receives high marks and positive feedback for preparing land surveyors as they enter into these challenging situations."
Other top-rated courses offered by McKissock include:
•Mapping Floodplains: A Legal and Scientific Process; a course that integrates both the technical and legal aspects of mapping in order to provide an understanding for appropriate mapping and map change application approvals.
•Evidence, Exhibits and Testimony; a course that offers topical knowledge on law of evidence, civil lawsuits, trial processes and professional practice.
•Boundaries and Monuments; a course that identifies the importance of research and preparation when determining boundary locations and stresses the critical nature of protecting monuments send by all land surveyors.
•Fundamentals of Boundary Control; a course that introduces land surveying professionals to the world of property law and boundary principles preparing them for professional licensure.
Most Popular Stories
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Contra Costa Times Chuck Barney column
- Detroit Free Press Julie Hinds column