Huawei has launched a new smartphone, the Ascend
G615. The 4.5-inch device has a 1.4-gigahertz processor, a 1280 x 720
pixel touchscreen and an 8-megapixel camera. There's also a second
camera for video calls. The phone runs the Android 4.0 (Ice Cream
Sandwich) operating system and the Chinese manufacturer has announced
an update to the latest version of the Google OS, 4.1 (Jelly Bean),
will be available shortly after the smartphone goes on sale this
month. The Ascend G 615 will cost 299 euros (408 dollars).
Home cinema devices from Sony support NFC
Sony has announced a range of new home cinema devices. The Soundbar HT-CT660 and a variety of new AV receivers support Bluetooth and the NFC (near field communications) standard. NFC means a compatible smartphone can transfer music to the system wirelessly just by being placed close by. The sound quality should be noticeably better than over Bluetooth, Sony says. The devices also have a special football mode whereby fans can fade out the voice of the commentator during live matches. The AV receivers BDV-E2100, 4100, 7100 and 9100 will be available in April along with matching speakers. The Soundbar is to hit shops in May. Sony hasn't yet announced prices.
Super-fast games monitor from Asus
The new VG248QE monitor from Asus will react very quickly to games and display high quality fluid images, the manufacturer says. The 24-inch Full HD display supports a frame rate of 144 frames per second and the monitor's response time is said to be one millisecond. However, to achieve this the monitor will have to be connected to a computer that can play games at that speed. The VG248QE can also reproduce 3D images and can be connected via HDMI port to Blu-ray players and games consoles. Available now, the monitor sells for 329 euros (449 dollars).
Bluetooth keyboard for iPad
Archos is offering a 5-millimetre-thick Bluetooth keyboard for the iPad. The aluminum keyboard functions much like the Smart Cover produced by Apple: it's attached to the tablet with magnets and serves simultaneously as a keyboard and case. The built-in stand for the iPad can be adjusted and the keyboard also offers iOS shortcuts for ease of use. Compatible with versions 2, 3 and 4 of the tablet, the keyboard is available now for 69 euros (94 dollars).
Most Popular Stories
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'
- The Blade, Toledo, Ohio, TK Barger column
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Detroit Free Press Julie Hinds column