Recently departed U.S. Treasury
Secretary Timothy Geithner will join the Council on Foreign
Relations (CFR) later this month as a distinguished fellow, the
think tank announced Wednesday.
The 75th U.S. treasury secretary, who was previously a senior fellow at CFR in 2001, will be based at the organization's headquarters in New York, the think tank said in a statement.
"Both at Treasury and at the New York Federal Reserve, Tim was a tireless, creative, and responsible custodian of the public trust. His coming to CFR only strengthens our capacity to produce thoughtful analysis of issues at the intersection of economic, political, and strategic developments," said CFR President Richard Haass.
As U.S. President Barack Obama's principal economic aid, Geithner played a key role in formulating U.S. domestic and international economic policy for the past four years.
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges