Recently departed U.S. Treasury
Secretary Timothy Geithner will join the Council on Foreign
Relations (CFR) later this month as a distinguished fellow, the
think tank announced Wednesday.
The 75th U.S. treasury secretary, who was previously a senior fellow at CFR in 2001, will be based at the organization's headquarters in New York, the think tank said in a statement.
"Both at Treasury and at the New York Federal Reserve, Tim was a tireless, creative, and responsible custodian of the public trust. His coming to CFR only strengthens our capacity to produce thoughtful analysis of issues at the intersection of economic, political, and strategic developments," said CFR President Richard Haass.
As U.S. President Barack Obama's principal economic aid, Geithner played a key role in formulating U.S. domestic and international economic policy for the past four years.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Salsa Legend Cheo Feliciano Killed in Car Crash
- Miss. Gov. Signs Bills to Curb Unions
- Google Q1 Earnings Dip as Ad Prices Slip
- Hiring and Weekly Jobless Claims Both Edge Up
- PepsiCo Q1 Profits Rise on Snack Sales, Cost Cuts
- Snowden Questions Putin on TV Call-in Show
- Poor Barbie Sales Drag on Mattel