On what would have been her 100th birthday, the Rosa Parks commemorative stamp went on sale Monday honoring the civil rights icon, the U.S. Postal Service said.
The stamp is one of several new "forever stamps" being issued by the postal service commemorating the civil rights movement. A stamp commemorating the Emancipation Proclamation was introduced Jan. 1.
The Parks stamp was officially revealed during the NAACP Image Awards last week.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women