On what would have been her 100th birthday, the Rosa Parks commemorative stamp went on sale Monday honoring the civil rights icon, the U.S. Postal Service said.
The stamp is one of several new "forever stamps" being issued by the postal service commemorating the civil rights movement. A stamp commemorating the Emancipation Proclamation was introduced Jan. 1.
The Parks stamp was officially revealed during the NAACP Image Awards last week.
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- California King Fire Roars Out of Control
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- CalPERS Pulls Out of Hedge Funds
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports