On what would have been her 100th birthday, the Rosa Parks commemorative stamp went on sale Monday honoring the civil rights icon, the U.S. Postal Service said.
The stamp is one of several new "forever stamps" being issued by the postal service commemorating the civil rights movement. A stamp commemorating the Emancipation Proclamation was introduced Jan. 1.
The Parks stamp was officially revealed during the NAACP Image Awards last week.
Most Popular Stories
- Malaysia, Flight 370 Relatives Talk Financial Help
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- Jack White Records Songs, Releases Vinyl in Hours
- 420 Pot Holiday Tries To Go Mainstream
- Report: Next Iran Nuclear Talks Set for New York
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat