VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/06/13 -- The Fraser Institute will release a new report measuring economic policy uncertainty in Canada and the United States on Thursday, February 7 at 6:30 a.m. (Eastern).
"Economic policy uncertainty can lead to businesses postponing hiring or investing and consumers delaying major spending decisions," writes Nicholas Bloom, Stanford University professor of economics and author of Killing the Economic Engine: Is Policy Uncertainty Stalling U.S. and Canadian Economic Growth?
The report measures the short- and long-term economic consequences resulting from policy uncertainty.
A news release with additional information will be issued via Marketwire at 6:30 a.m. (Eastern) on Thursday, February 7.
The full report will also be available as a free PDF download at www.fraserinstitute.org.
Follow the Fraser Institute on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
The Fraser Institute is an independent Canadian public policy research and educational organization with offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, and Montreal and ties to a global network of 86 think-tanks. Its mission is to measure, study, and communicate the impact of competitive markets and government intervention on the welfare of individuals. To protect the Institute's independence, it does not accept grants from governments or contracts for research. Visit www.fraserinstitute.org.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
The Fraser Institute
Executive Vice-President, Fraser Institute
The Fraser Institute
Director of Communications, Fraser Institute
Most Popular Stories
- Concur Sold to SAP for $8.3B
- Federal Probe Finds Christie Did Not Order 'Bridgegate'
- Five Steps to Protect Yourself from Data Breaches
- 10 Things to Know About Alibaba
- Intruder Gets into White House
- Chrysler Recalls Nearly 189,000 SUVs
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut