VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/06/13 -- The Fraser Institute will release a new report measuring economic policy uncertainty in Canada and the United States on Thursday, February 7 at 6:30 a.m. (Eastern).
"Economic policy uncertainty can lead to businesses postponing hiring or investing and consumers delaying major spending decisions," writes Nicholas Bloom, Stanford University professor of economics and author of Killing the Economic Engine: Is Policy Uncertainty Stalling U.S. and Canadian Economic Growth?
The report measures the short- and long-term economic consequences resulting from policy uncertainty.
A news release with additional information will be issued via Marketwire at 6:30 a.m. (Eastern) on Thursday, February 7.
The full report will also be available as a free PDF download at www.fraserinstitute.org.
Follow the Fraser Institute on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
The Fraser Institute is an independent Canadian public policy research and educational organization with offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, and Montreal and ties to a global network of 86 think-tanks. Its mission is to measure, study, and communicate the impact of competitive markets and government intervention on the welfare of individuals. To protect the Institute's independence, it does not accept grants from governments or contracts for research. Visit www.fraserinstitute.org.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
The Fraser Institute
Executive Vice-President, Fraser Institute
The Fraser Institute
Director of Communications, Fraser Institute
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- Three Americans on Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane: State Department
- Samsung Launches Milk Music
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu