United Technologies Corp's (NYSE: UTX) jet engine unit Pratt & Whitney said that Pratt & Whitney Singapore Manufacturing has broken ground on a new facility at the Seletar Aerospace Park.
According to the company, the new production facility will manufacture fan blades and high pressure turbine disks for Pratt & Whitney's PurePower Geared Turbofan engines.
The new 180,000 square foot (16,000 square meter) facility will border Pratt & Whitney's existing facility at Seletar Pratt & Whitney Singapore Component Repair further expanding the company's 30-year presence in the country.
Pratt & Whitney said it has invested nearly USD 110m in the development of these two new facilities.
Now with a total of nine businesses in Singapore, Pratt & Whitney Singapore Manufacturing will help Pratt & Whitney achieve production capacity required to meet customer demand for commercial engines, the company said.
Pratt & Whitney said that, with the construction of this new facility, the firm's work force in Singapore is expected to increase to more than 2,500 people over the next five years making it home to the company's most comprehensive aftermarket presence in one location.
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Uber Hires Obama Campaign Manager David Plouffe
- Eric Holder Bringing Civil Rights Reminders to Ferguson
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery
- Bob Marley Musical to Make Premiere in Baltimore
- Russia Claims Ukraine Leaders Are Satanists, Jews or Maybe Even Scientologists
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan