United Technologies Corp's (NYSE: UTX) jet engine unit Pratt & Whitney said that Pratt & Whitney Singapore Manufacturing has broken ground on a new facility at the Seletar Aerospace Park.
According to the company, the new production facility will manufacture fan blades and high pressure turbine disks for Pratt & Whitney's PurePower Geared Turbofan engines.
The new 180,000 square foot (16,000 square meter) facility will border Pratt & Whitney's existing facility at Seletar Pratt & Whitney Singapore Component Repair further expanding the company's 30-year presence in the country.
Pratt & Whitney said it has invested nearly USD 110m in the development of these two new facilities.
Now with a total of nine businesses in Singapore, Pratt & Whitney Singapore Manufacturing will help Pratt & Whitney achieve production capacity required to meet customer demand for commercial engines, the company said.
Pratt & Whitney said that, with the construction of this new facility, the firm's work force in Singapore is expected to increase to more than 2,500 people over the next five years making it home to the company's most comprehensive aftermarket presence in one location.
Most Popular Stories
- Facebook, Twitter Announce Apps for Google Glass
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Exciting Night for UFC Fans
- Teen Drivers Should Be Prepared for Any Car-Related Situation
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Summer Movies Aimed at Young Men, Teen Boys