HILLSBOROUGH, N.C, Feb. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire-HISPANIC PR WIRE/ -- Nike has produced 100 pairs of the limited edition CR7 Mercurial Vapor IX worldwide, and distributed 20 pairs for sale on SOCCER.COM.
(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130206/CL55135 )
The most exclusive cleat in the world, Nike created these limited-edition shoes to celebrate superstar Cristiano Ronaldo's legendary 2012. The numbers on the shoe stand for different milestones Ronaldo achieved last year: His first La Liga title with Real Madrid, nine goals scored in 14 games for Portugal's national team and the first player to score against all 19 rival teams competing in La Liga during a season. Ronaldo turned 27 in 2012 and played 55 matches for Real Madrid, scoring a total of 60 goals.
To ensure fairness and accommodate the anticipated intense demand, SOCCER.COM is allowing customers to register for a chance to purchase the shoes. Interested customers should visit http://soccerdotcom.lockerdome.com/contests/104924711 by Feb. 7 to register for the lottery. The shoes will be priced at $300 and 5 pairs will be available in men's sizes 8, 9, 10, and 11. The 20 winners will be selected at random, contacted by email and invited to purchase the shoes using an exclusive password.
For more information about Nike's limited edition CR7 Mercurial Vapor IX, visit http://www.soccer.com/soccer_footwearhub.php .
About SOCCER.COM: Founded in 1984, Sports Endeavors, Inc., (better known as SOCCER.COM/Eurosport), is the world's leading e-commerce site for soccer. The SOCCER.COM catalog is the most widely distributed soccer publication in the United States. SOCCER.COM is committed to promoting soccer at all levels, and to educate players, referees and their families about the game and its equipment.
SOURCE Sports Endeavors, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation