Marley Beverage Company today announced that in partnership with
Sonicbids it is launching the "Marley's Music Rising" contest to search
for the next great band inspired by the sound of reggae and influenced
by the great Bob Marley. The announcement comes on what would have been
Bob Marley's 68th birthday.
"Marley's Music Rising" includes a year-long series of digital competitions and live performances, all leading to the ultimate prize of a recording session at the legendary Tuff Gong Studio in Kingston, Jamaica.
"One of our father's strongest principles was the ideal that we should all give back and provide opportunities where they would otherwise not exist," said Cedella Marley, Bob's daughter. "I think he would be proud of "Marley's Music Rising" and its goal to give voice to a new generation of performers who are inspired by the music he loved," said Grammy award winner Stephen Marley.
According to Panos Panay, Founder and CEO of Sonicbids: "We are very excited to partner with Marley on this program to help drive band participation and power the "Marley's Music Rising" hub with engaging band content for fans to discover and share. Recording at Tuff Gong Studio is truly a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for a band."
For more information or to enter a band into "Marley's Music Rising," visit marley.sonichub.com.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Short-Term Loans Comes at a Heavy Price
- Rocket Explodes During U.S. Test Flight
- Koch Brothers Took Genes, Money in Different Directions
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Obama Again Faces Tug of Military Action in Syria