Hollywood's Walt Disney Co. is developing spinoff films about "Star Wars" icons Han Solo and Boba Fett, EW.com reported Wednesday.
The studio this week confirmed several standalone "Star Wars" movies are in the works, as are three sequels to the established six-movie saga.
However, no plot lines or release dates for the spinoff flicks have been officially announced.
EW.com quoted sources as saying two of the standalone films will focus on young versions of fan favorites Han Solo, an intergalactic smuggler, and bounty hunter extraordinaire Boba Fett.
Harrison Ford, 70, played Han decades ago in "Star Wars: A New Hope," "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi."
Jeremy Bulloch, 67, played Boba Fett in "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi."
EW.com said Disney declined to comment on its report about the Han Solo and Boba Fett side projects.
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- NSHMBA Names Lincoln as Automotive Partner
- Hiring on the Rise at Small Businesses
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- 3.4 Million Now Insured Under Covered California