Hollywood's Walt Disney Co. is developing spinoff films about "Star Wars" icons Han Solo and Boba Fett, EW.com reported Wednesday.
The studio this week confirmed several standalone "Star Wars" movies are in the works, as are three sequels to the established six-movie saga.
However, no plot lines or release dates for the spinoff flicks have been officially announced.
EW.com quoted sources as saying two of the standalone films will focus on young versions of fan favorites Han Solo, an intergalactic smuggler, and bounty hunter extraordinaire Boba Fett.
Harrison Ford, 70, played Han decades ago in "Star Wars: A New Hope," "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi."
Jeremy Bulloch, 67, played Boba Fett in "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi."
EW.com said Disney declined to comment on its report about the Han Solo and Boba Fett side projects.
Most Popular Stories
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- Eric Garcia Appointed as Revenue Chief
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls