Hollywood's Walt Disney Co. is developing spinoff films about "Star Wars" icons Han Solo and Boba Fett, EW.com reported Wednesday.
The studio this week confirmed several standalone "Star Wars" movies are in the works, as are three sequels to the established six-movie saga.
However, no plot lines or release dates for the spinoff flicks have been officially announced.
EW.com quoted sources as saying two of the standalone films will focus on young versions of fan favorites Han Solo, an intergalactic smuggler, and bounty hunter extraordinaire Boba Fett.
Harrison Ford, 70, played Han decades ago in "Star Wars: A New Hope," "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi."
Jeremy Bulloch, 67, played Boba Fett in "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi."
EW.com said Disney declined to comment on its report about the Han Solo and Boba Fett side projects.
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- LivePro Is a Mobile Hot Spot, Projector in One
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- U.S. Economy Grows at Fastest Pace in 10 Years
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention