Hollywood's Walt Disney Co. is developing spinoff films about "Star Wars" icons Han Solo and Boba Fett, EW.com reported Wednesday.
The studio this week confirmed several standalone "Star Wars" movies are in the works, as are three sequels to the established six-movie saga.
However, no plot lines or release dates for the spinoff flicks have been officially announced.
EW.com quoted sources as saying two of the standalone films will focus on young versions of fan favorites Han Solo, an intergalactic smuggler, and bounty hunter extraordinaire Boba Fett.
Harrison Ford, 70, played Han decades ago in "Star Wars: A New Hope," "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi."
Jeremy Bulloch, 67, played Boba Fett in "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi."
EW.com said Disney declined to comment on its report about the Han Solo and Boba Fett side projects.
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu
- Car Drivers Warned to Get Air Bags Fixed
- 'Fury' Gets Into Soldiers' Minds: Brad Pitt
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals