Hollywood's Walt Disney Co. is developing spinoff films about "Star Wars" icons Han Solo and Boba Fett, EW.com reported Wednesday.
The studio this week confirmed several standalone "Star Wars" movies are in the works, as are three sequels to the established six-movie saga.
However, no plot lines or release dates for the spinoff flicks have been officially announced.
EW.com quoted sources as saying two of the standalone films will focus on young versions of fan favorites Han Solo, an intergalactic smuggler, and bounty hunter extraordinaire Boba Fett.
Harrison Ford, 70, played Han decades ago in "Star Wars: A New Hope," "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi."
Jeremy Bulloch, 67, played Boba Fett in "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi."
EW.com said Disney declined to comment on its report about the Han Solo and Boba Fett side projects.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- Hispanic Enterprises Drive U.S. Economy
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- Fed in No Rush to Raise Interest Rates
- Would You Trade Privacy for Job Security?
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal