ORMOND BEACH, FL -- (Marketwire) -- 02/06/13 -- Sitting on the Par-3, 11th hole of the Prestwick Golf Course at Plantation Bay, Gale Lemerand built his dream home. Several years later, the entrepreneur and restauranteur has decided to sell his five-bedroom, six-bathroom home at a real estate auction on March 8. J. P. King Auction Company will conduct the sale.
With some of the highest end amenities, the Prestwick Estate at Plantation Bay will be offered with a minimum starting bid of $2.5 million. A one-acre, waterfront lot on Riverside Drive will be offered at the same auction event, with a starting bid of $650,000.
With original costs at over $8.9 million, the home sits on four acres in Plantation Bay. Inside, the estate features a gourmet, eat-in kitchen with luxury appliances and display cabinetry, a home theater with seven custom La-Z-Boy reclining chairs, wine cellar, billiards room and a family room, which has a double-sided, stone fireplace to separate the formal living room and dining room. The family room includes French doors, which open to the swimming pool with its own waterfall, while the front of the home has a porte-cochere and a motor court, accompanied by a six-car garage.
"I built my dream house. In fact, today, if I were to build again, there's nothing I would change," Mr. Lemerand said. "From the furnishing and decor to the feeling of the house, I wanted something that was large and wide open, but I didn't want something that would be uncomfortable. A lot of thought went into its design; every ceiling in the house is different, and there's recycled wood in the floors, some of which was mined from the bottom of Lake Superior."
A frequent traveler, Mr. Lemerand said every detail of the home -- its architecture, design and even its landscaping -- was inspired by one of two experiences: his travels in Europe or his time spent at the Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas. With its custom design and decor, Mr. Lemerand will sell the home fully furnished.
Most Popular Stories
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- The Blade, Toledo, Ohio, TK Barger column
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'
- Detroit Free Press Julie Hinds column