Disney is working on two Star Wars spin-off movies that focus on characters from the hit sci-fi franchise, chief executive Robert Iger said Tuesday.
The company bought Lucasfilms last year for $4.05 billion and announced in January that the first Star Wars sequel would be directed by JJ Abrams, the director of Lost and the Star Trek reboot.
In addition to that movie Iger said that Disney has already hired screenwriters to work on a couple of separate spin-offs.
Iger named the screenwriters as Lawrence Kasdan, who wrote the screenplays for Return of the Jedi and The Empire Strikes Back, and Simon Kinberg, who scripted Sherlock Holmes and X-Men: The Last Stand.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say