Chase, the U.S. consumer and commercial banking arm of JPMorgan Chase & Co., said it extended nearly $7.5 billion in new loans to small businesses in California in 2012, up 58 percent from 2011.
California's share represented more than a third of $20.2 billion in new credit provided to small businesses nationwide -- up 18 percent over 2011.
Besides California, Chase said 2012 loan growth was strongest in the states of Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Florida and Louisiana.
Chase small business lending generally includes credit extended to firms with less than $20 million in annual revenue.
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Fiat, Renault Strike Deal on New Light Vehicle
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana
- Senate, House Locking Horns on Border Funds
- A's Agree to 10-Year Lease to Stay in Oakland
- LinkedIn to Buy Ad Tech Company Bizo for $175 Million
- Jeter, Bauer Give Fox a Strong Week in TV Ratings