Chase, the U.S. consumer and commercial banking arm of JPMorgan Chase & Co., said it extended nearly $7.5 billion in new loans to small businesses in California in 2012, up 58 percent from 2011.
California's share represented more than a third of $20.2 billion in new credit provided to small businesses nationwide -- up 18 percent over 2011.
Besides California, Chase said 2012 loan growth was strongest in the states of Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Florida and Louisiana.
Chase small business lending generally includes credit extended to firms with less than $20 million in annual revenue.
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Asia Seeks Obama's Assurance Over Spats
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Coachella's Young Audience a Marketers Paradise
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- National Energy Boom Blurs Political Battle Lines
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap