Chase, the U.S. consumer and commercial banking arm of JPMorgan Chase & Co., said it extended nearly $7.5 billion in new loans to small businesses in California in 2012, up 58 percent from 2011.
California's share represented more than a third of $20.2 billion in new credit provided to small businesses nationwide -- up 18 percent over 2011.
Besides California, Chase said 2012 loan growth was strongest in the states of Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Florida and Louisiana.
Chase small business lending generally includes credit extended to firms with less than $20 million in annual revenue.
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- 'Fury' Gets Into Soldiers' Minds: Brad Pitt
- Car Drivers Warned to Get Air Bags Fixed
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals