Chase, the U.S. consumer and commercial banking arm of JPMorgan Chase & Co., said it extended nearly $7.5 billion in new loans to small businesses in California in 2012, up 58 percent from 2011.
California's share represented more than a third of $20.2 billion in new credit provided to small businesses nationwide -- up 18 percent over 2011.
Besides California, Chase said 2012 loan growth was strongest in the states of Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Florida and Louisiana.
Chase small business lending generally includes credit extended to firms with less than $20 million in annual revenue.
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant