Progressive International Corp. of Kent, Wash., is recalling 26,500 tongs made for lifting canning jars due to a laceration hazard, U.S. regulators said.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission said the canning jar lifters, essentially a specialized set of tongs, have handles that can detach over time due to a missing stainless steel core in the hinge.
The tongs could fail to grip, allowing the canning jar to fall, which would pose a hazard to consumers, the commission said.
The recall involves One Handed Jar Lifters. They are red with white handles, made of plastic, metal and nylon coating.
They were sold nationwide from February 2010 through October 2012 for about $10.
Consumers were advised to stop using the product and contact Progressive International for a free replacement.
Consumers can call 800-426-7101 for information.
Most Popular Stories
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- GM Joins Nissan to Supply Small Cargo Vehicle
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- GM to Rejoin S&P 500, Akerson Says
- Kerry Concerned Over Blasphemy Laws, Anti-Semitism
- Ford's Supplier Diversity Program Turns 35
- Ladies in White Group Needs Help From Abroad
- Ford Trucks See Boost as Roadshow Reaches Saudi Arabia
- NTSB Wants to Lower Blood Alcohol Limit to 0.05
- Ohio Valley Bank Joins Federal Reserve System