Progressive International Corp. of Kent, Wash., is recalling 26,500 tongs made for lifting canning jars due to a laceration hazard, U.S. regulators said.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission said the canning jar lifters, essentially a specialized set of tongs, have handles that can detach over time due to a missing stainless steel core in the hinge.
The tongs could fail to grip, allowing the canning jar to fall, which would pose a hazard to consumers, the commission said.
The recall involves One Handed Jar Lifters. They are red with white handles, made of plastic, metal and nylon coating.
They were sold nationwide from February 2010 through October 2012 for about $10.
Consumers were advised to stop using the product and contact Progressive International for a free replacement.
Consumers can call 800-426-7101 for information.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction