Progressive International Corp. of Kent, Wash., is recalling 26,500 tongs made for lifting canning jars due to a laceration hazard, U.S. regulators said.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission said the canning jar lifters, essentially a specialized set of tongs, have handles that can detach over time due to a missing stainless steel core in the hinge.
The tongs could fail to grip, allowing the canning jar to fall, which would pose a hazard to consumers, the commission said.
The recall involves One Handed Jar Lifters. They are red with white handles, made of plastic, metal and nylon coating.
They were sold nationwide from February 2010 through October 2012 for about $10.
Consumers were advised to stop using the product and contact Progressive International for a free replacement.
Consumers can call 800-426-7101 for information.
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border