Progressive International Corp. of Kent, Wash., is recalling 26,500 tongs made for lifting canning jars due to a laceration hazard, U.S. regulators said.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission said the canning jar lifters, essentially a specialized set of tongs, have handles that can detach over time due to a missing stainless steel core in the hinge.
The tongs could fail to grip, allowing the canning jar to fall, which would pose a hazard to consumers, the commission said.
The recall involves One Handed Jar Lifters. They are red with white handles, made of plastic, metal and nylon coating.
They were sold nationwide from February 2010 through October 2012 for about $10.
Consumers were advised to stop using the product and contact Progressive International for a free replacement.
Consumers can call 800-426-7101 for information.
Most Popular Stories
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook
- Google Kid Accounts Plan Raises Worries