Progressive International Corp. of Kent, Wash., is recalling 26,500 tongs made for lifting canning jars due to a laceration hazard, U.S. regulators said.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission said the canning jar lifters, essentially a specialized set of tongs, have handles that can detach over time due to a missing stainless steel core in the hinge.
The tongs could fail to grip, allowing the canning jar to fall, which would pose a hazard to consumers, the commission said.
The recall involves One Handed Jar Lifters. They are red with white handles, made of plastic, metal and nylon coating.
They were sold nationwide from February 2010 through October 2012 for about $10.
Consumers were advised to stop using the product and contact Progressive International for a free replacement.
Consumers can call 800-426-7101 for information.
Most Popular Stories
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Guardian Pressured to Stop NSA Stories: Editor
- Newtown Massacre Heard on 911 Recordings
- New Home Sales Shoot up 25 Percent in October
- U.S. Growth Stayed Steady During Shutdown, Fed Says
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Boehner Blames Obama, Senate for Congressional Inactivity
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Liberty Power Gets Minority Business Nod
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25