Seven tourists, at least six from Spain, were allegedly gang-raped by men who broke into the tourists' vacation villa in Acapulco, Mexico, officials said.
The women were sleeping when the armed men broke into the villa, ThinkSpain.com reported Tuesday.
Authorities said police were searching for the suspects.
Officials said it was unclear whether all of the victims in the house were from Spain, indicating one of the women may have been from Mexico.
Spain's foreign office told ThinkSpain.com Mexico's main tourist areas generally were safe provided vacationers didn't stray too far from known areas. However, Acapulco is said to be the only top tourist destination in Mexico reporting safety and security problems.
Most Popular Stories
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Photo ID Required for Unemployment Benefits
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Job Fair for S.C. Grads
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California
- Tech Firms to Increase Hiring for 4th Year in a Row
- China's Money Rate Drops on Slowdown Concern
- '300' Sequel Conquers Box Office Foes