Seven tourists, at least six from Spain, were allegedly gang-raped by men who broke into the tourists' vacation villa in Acapulco, Mexico, officials said.
The women were sleeping when the armed men broke into the villa, ThinkSpain.com reported Tuesday.
Authorities said police were searching for the suspects.
Officials said it was unclear whether all of the victims in the house were from Spain, indicating one of the women may have been from Mexico.
Spain's foreign office told ThinkSpain.com Mexico's main tourist areas generally were safe provided vacationers didn't stray too far from known areas. However, Acapulco is said to be the only top tourist destination in Mexico reporting safety and security problems.
Most Popular Stories
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- White House Pushes to Extend Unemployment Benefits
- Wind Power and Wildlife Can Coexist
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25
- Calif. Likes Christie, Says Tea Party's a Drag