Seven tourists, at least six from Spain, were allegedly gang-raped by men who broke into the tourists' vacation villa in Acapulco, Mexico, officials said.
The women were sleeping when the armed men broke into the villa, ThinkSpain.com reported Tuesday.
Authorities said police were searching for the suspects.
Officials said it was unclear whether all of the victims in the house were from Spain, indicating one of the women may have been from Mexico.
Spain's foreign office told ThinkSpain.com Mexico's main tourist areas generally were safe provided vacationers didn't stray too far from known areas. However, Acapulco is said to be the only top tourist destination in Mexico reporting safety and security problems.
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- Cowboys Turn Back Clock to Glory Days