Seven tourists, at least six from Spain, were allegedly gang-raped by men who broke into the tourists' vacation villa in Acapulco, Mexico, officials said.
The women were sleeping when the armed men broke into the villa, ThinkSpain.com reported Tuesday.
Authorities said police were searching for the suspects.
Officials said it was unclear whether all of the victims in the house were from Spain, indicating one of the women may have been from Mexico.
Spain's foreign office told ThinkSpain.com Mexico's main tourist areas generally were safe provided vacationers didn't stray too far from known areas. However, Acapulco is said to be the only top tourist destination in Mexico reporting safety and security problems.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays