Seven tourists, at least six from Spain, were allegedly gang-raped by men who broke into the tourists' vacation villa in Acapulco, Mexico, officials said.
The women were sleeping when the armed men broke into the villa, ThinkSpain.com reported Tuesday.
Authorities said police were searching for the suspects.
Officials said it was unclear whether all of the victims in the house were from Spain, indicating one of the women may have been from Mexico.
Spain's foreign office told ThinkSpain.com Mexico's main tourist areas generally were safe provided vacationers didn't stray too far from known areas. However, Acapulco is said to be the only top tourist destination in Mexico reporting safety and security problems.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Discounts Help U.S. Auto Sales Sizzle in July
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Colorado Issuing Immigrant Driver's Licenses
- Recruiting and Keeping the Perfect Employee
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High
- Fiat Looks Abroad After Chrysler Merger Vote
- Obama Vows to Veto House Immigration Bill
- Dow Wipes Out Gains for the Year: What Happens Now?