MINNEAPOLIS, MN -- (Marketwire) -- 02/05/13 -- Tierney Brothers, a Minneapolis-based technology company, has partnered with Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota and donated a SMART Table to the Sibling Play Area at Children's - Minneapolis. Tierney Brothers partners with one organization each year to provide technology and services to those in need. Tierney Brothers goal is to leverage interactive technology to provide a better quality of life through inspired collaboration and improved performance.
"Kids are very familiar with the touch screen technology of the SMART Table, so it's wonderful for the siblings of patients to be able to use such a great learning tool," said Jeff Weness, Senior Director of corporate giving at Children's. "The table is another way that Children's integrates technology into the patient family experience. Devices like this provide a welcome distraction from the stress that often comes with a stay in the hospital."
"We hope that the SMART Table is a great resource for patients and their families while visiting Children's," said Jim Tierney, CEO of Tierney Brothers. "The dedication of Children's to provide world class care to kids using cutting edge technology makes this partnership a perfect fit."
The touch screen device, aimed at early education students, will allow siblings of patients at Children's to play, collaborate and learn. The device is valued at $8,000.00
About the SMART Table:
SMART Table is the first multi-touch, multiuser interactive learning center that allows groups of early education students to work simultaneously on one surface. The center's interface is so intuitive that even young students can start using it without instructions.
About Tierney Brothers:
Tierney Brothers is a leading provider of interactive solutions that inspire collaboration and improve performance. Established in 1977, Tierney Brothers customers include Fortune 500 companies, government entities, educational institutions, nonprofit organizations and small business. www.tierneybrothers.com
About Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota:
Serving as Minnesota's children's hospital since 1924, Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota is one of the largest pediatric health care organizations in the United States, with 381 staffed beds at its two hospitals in St. Paul and Minneapolis. An independent, not-for-profit health care system, Children's of Minnesota provides care through more than 12,000 inpatient visits and more than 200,000 emergency room and other outpatient visits every year. Children's is the only Minnesota hospital system to provide comprehensive care exclusively to children. Please visit childrensMN.org.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
Most Popular Stories
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- The Blade, Toledo, Ohio, TK Barger column
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'