Katie Holmes is said to be ready to start dating again, but the U.S. actress is adamant about not wanting to give up her freedom, RadarOnline said.
Holmes ended her 5-year marriage to film star Tom Cruise in 2012, reportedly, in part, because he was very controlling. The former couple have a 6-year-old daughter, Suri.
"Katie's in a dilemma because she wants to date, but is concerned where it could lead to from there," a family insider told RadarOnline Monday.
"She's worried that if she commits herself fully to another man, she will have to give up the freedom she's enjoying so much at the moment. As a single woman, she has no one controlling her nowadays, telling her what to do or who to see and she absolutely loves it," the unnamed source said.
"However, at the same time, she also misses being with someone special to share experiences with and she doesn't want to be alone for the rest of her life. Katie's got Suri for the time being, and she is her best friend, but she does eventually want to find a man she can be that close with as well. She's just a little nervous and cautious about relationships still right now."
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Coachella's Young Audience a Marketers Paradise
- Asia Seeks Obama's Assurance Over Spats
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- National Energy Boom Blurs Political Battle Lines
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap