SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/05/13 -- Online eyewear retailer DITTO.com (http://www.ditto.com/) today announced the launch of its free iPad app, which will provide a full in-store experience online, even when you're on-the-go.
In addition to selling a wide collection of designer glasses and designer sunglasses, the iPad app incorporates DITTO's 3D video try-on technology into a mobile experience that makes shopping convenient anytime.
"The front-facing camera on the iPad makes it the perfect platform for shoppers to virtually try on and find amazing glasses on-the-go," said CEO and Cofounder Kate Endress. "It's also fun just to see what styles fit your face and send your DITTO to friends for style advice you can actually trust."
Shoppers will love:
•Skipping the crowds and fluorescent lighting in the mall •Using the built-in iPad webcam to record a 3D try-on video, called a "DITTO" •Choosing from more than 28 specially curated designer brands of prescription glasses and sunglasses including Illesteva, John Varvatos, Persol and Ray-Ban
How DITTO works:
Shoppers use a webcam to record a video of their face turning from side to side. That video is then used to let shoppers virtually try on glasses that are sized properly on their face. By comparing styles side-by-side on the app, you can choose your own or get style advice from friends before purchasing. The technology is so effective at finding a fit for your unique face that DITTO has a six percent return rate -- twenty percent lower than the industry standard.
The DITTO iPad app is now available for free from the App Store on iPad or at www.itunes.com/appstore.
DITTO is a new ecommerce site and iPad app selling a wide collection of the best designer glasses and sunglasses. Based in the Bay Area, DITTO uses patent-pending technology to let shoppers create a DITTO, a 3D virtual self, from video footage from their webcam. Shoppers can use their DITTO to virtually try on glasses to see how they fit in 180 degree views before they buy them from the site. Customers can also share their DITTO to get feedback from friends or ask a DITTO stylist for a personalized recommendation.
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go