NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 02/05/13 -- Deutsche Bank leads Institutional Investor's All-Europe Research Team for a third consecutive year, but by a much narrower margin over second-place UBS than in 2012. The German bank captures 38 total team positions, down from 44, while its Swiss rival adds three spots, bringing its total to 33.
Complete survey results can be found on Institutional Investor's website.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch, which shared the second tier with UBS last year, slips to third after losing three positions, leaving it with 27. Morgan Stanley holds steady in fourth place despite increasing its team total from 24 to 26, and J.P. Morgan Cazenove -- which tied with Morgan Stanley last year -- dips to the No. 5 spot even though its total rises by one, to 25.
The 2013 All-Europe Research Team ranking reflects the opinions of nearly 2,150 money managers at more than 760 institutions managing an estimated $5.6 trillion in European equities, or roughly 83 percent of the MSCI Europe index's market cap of $6.8 trillion at the time of polling.
Leading this team is just one of four regional victories to which Deutsche Bank lays claim this year: The firm is also No. 1 on the All-Europe Sales and All-Europe Trading teams (for a second straight year), and it leads the lineup in the magazine's inaugural ranking of Europe's Top Corporate Access Providers.
For more information contact Alyssa Walker at [email protected] or (212) 224-3677.
About Institutional Investor
Now entering its fifth decade, Institutional Investor has consistently distinguished itself among the world's foremost financial publications with groundbreaking journalism and incisive writing that provides essential intelligence for a global audience. In addition, Institutional Investor offers a host of proprietary research and rankings that serve as respected industry benchmarks. For more information visit www.institutionalinvestor.com.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women