The terrorist attack on Israeli tourists in Bulgaria
in July was carried out by Hezbollah militants, Bulgarian Interior
Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov said Tuesday.
Preliminary results of the Bulgarian investigations indicate that the bombing was organized by members of the Lebanese organization, he said.
The blast on the parking lot of the airport in the Black Sea resort Burgas killed five Israelis and a Bulgarian bus driver. The still unidentified bomber also died.
Immediately after the July 18 bombing, Israel blamed Hezbollah and Iran and promised a "heavy price" for it.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- Boehner Says No to Palin's Call for Impeachment
- IBM Investing $3 Billion in Chip Research
- Kerry Calls for Calm in Gaza
- Judge Strikes Down Colo. Gay Marriage Ban
- U.S. Wholesalers Cut Stockpiles as Sales Weaken
- Boeing Raises Forecast on Plane Demand
- UAW Will Take Another Swing at VW Chattanooga
- N.D. Pipeline Cleanup Could Take Weeks