The terrorist attack on Israeli tourists in Bulgaria
in July was carried out by Hezbollah militants, Bulgarian Interior
Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov said Tuesday.
Preliminary results of the Bulgarian investigations indicate that the bombing was organized by members of the Lebanese organization, he said.
The blast on the parking lot of the airport in the Black Sea resort Burgas killed five Israelis and a Bulgarian bus driver. The still unidentified bomber also died.
Immediately after the July 18 bombing, Israel blamed Hezbollah and Iran and promised a "heavy price" for it.
Most Popular Stories
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile