The terrorist attack on Israeli tourists in Bulgaria
in July was carried out by Hezbollah militants, Bulgarian Interior
Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov said Tuesday.
Preliminary results of the Bulgarian investigations indicate that the bombing was organized by members of the Lebanese organization, he said.
The blast on the parking lot of the airport in the Black Sea resort Burgas killed five Israelis and a Bulgarian bus driver. The still unidentified bomber also died.
Immediately after the July 18 bombing, Israel blamed Hezbollah and Iran and promised a "heavy price" for it.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict