SAN DIEGO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/05/13 -- BrightScope (www.brightscope.com), a leading provider of independent financial information and investment research, today announced the Top 25 law firms with the highest ranked 401k plans containing more than $100 million in assets. This is the first list in a new series that BrightScope will regularly issue to highlight the strongest plans within leading industries across the nation.
BrightScope obtains an increasing amount of its data directly from plan sponsors and record keepers, and augments these primary sources with data from publicly available sources such as the Department of Labor and the Securities and Exchange Commission. By analyzing and interpreting this data, BrightScope provides unprecedented transparency into the 401k industry.
"While each industry is vastly different, the need for easily accessible data and insight into 401k plans is universal," said Mike Alfred, CEO and co-founder of BrightScope. "Like all of our lists, this information is meant to encourage workers to easily evaluate their own retirement plans, gain a deeper understanding of its components, and push sponsors for more robust and financially beneficial plans."
Top 25 law firms with the highest ranked 401k plans containing more than $100 million in assets:
Company - Plan Name - BrightScope Rating
1. Sullivan & Cromwell LLP - Retirement Plan of Sullivan & Cromwell LLP - 92.55
2. O'Melveny & Myers LLP - O'Melveny & Myers LLP Keogh Plan - 91.94
3. Jones Day - Jones Day Retirement Plan - 90.61
4. Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP - Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP Supplemental Profit Sharing Plan for Partners - 89.89
5. Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP - Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP Retirement Plan and Trust for Partners - 88.91
6. Weil, Gotshal & Manges, LLP - Weil, Gotshal & Manges Partners' Target Pension Plan - 88.40
7. Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP - Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP Profit Sharing Retirement Plan - 87.94
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women