LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM -- (Marketwire) -- 02/04/13 -- 2012 was a record year for the iconic British-brand, MINI, which enjoyed greater commercial success than ever before. Annual sales topped the 300,000 worldwide mark for the first time, with 301,526 adrenaline-loving motoring enthusiasts taking home a brand-new MINI.
The brand's range now extends to 7 different versions of the MINI model, each with the guaranteed thrills of the brand's world-famous go-kart style handling, and road-hugging performance.
MINI's global presence was also dramatically extended over the last year. In January, the brand's first showrooms on the Indian sub-continent opened up, in both New Delhi and Mumbai. MINI has already proved a hit with India's thrill-seeking motorists, with 50,000 fans registering on the MINI India's Facebook page within weeks of the showrooms' opening. MINI's presence in the Middle East was also considerably enhanced by the opening of a showroom in the Kingdom of Jordan in February, with the entire MINI range available from day one.
Whether motorists are seeking a MINI Cooper S for sale or one of the many other varieties of MINI, with over 140 showrooms in the UK, they won't have far to go to be paired with the perfect model for them.
The brand has seen further industry recognition in 2012, with prestigious British auto magazine Autocar voting the classic Mini, the "Greatest British Car Ever Made", 53 years after it was first launched(i).
The John Cooper Works model has also undergone something of a transformation this year, with November seeing its latest incarnation providing an improved performance and racing experience but with fewer fuel stops. Engine responsiveness and fuel efficiency have both been enhanced by the 155 kW/211 hp four-cylinder unit's twin-scroll turbocharging and direct petrol injection technology; which MINI's team of engineers have made even more efficient by variable valve timing.
To learn more about MINI's range of cars, visit www.mini.co.uk.
MINI Press Office Contacts:
MINI Media Relations Manager
Corporate Communications Manager
Corporate Communications Director
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women