Florida's "help wanted" online ads rose in January by nearly 28,000 openings, or 12.3 percent, over the same month in 2012.
Compared to December, job postings decreased by 1.7 percent. But since Florida's demand for labor bottomed out in April 2009, online job ads have increased by nearly 105,000 openings or 69 percent.
The largest number of job postings were for health care practitioners and technical occupations, sales and related jobs, office and administrative support, and computer and mathematical occupations.
Demand was strongest in large metro cities, with Miami having the highest percentage gain, more than 26 percent, over the year in ads.
In Broward, online job ads increased by more than 2,500 jobs or 14 percent from January 2012, but decreased by 3.9 percent since December.
In Palm Beach County, help wanted ads rose by nearly 2,000 jobs or 12.5 percent, but fell by 2.5 percent from December.
Employers hiring with more than 100 job ads in the two counties are: Memorial Healthcare, Broward Health, Hilton World-Wide, Marriott International, Comcast, AT&T, Wells Fargo, Tenet Health, NextEra Energy, Delray Medical Center, HCA, The Palm Beach Post, St. Mary's Medical Center and Office Depot.
Catalyst Career Group will sponsor two job fairs this week in South Florida.
The first will be in Broward County Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Embassy Suites, 1100 SE 17th St., Fort Lauderdale. Featured employers include: Aflac, The Art Institute, AT&T, New York Life, Primerica, Rasmussen College and Terminix.
The second will be on Thursday, also from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Embassy Suites Palm Beach Gardens -- PGA Boulevard, 4350 PGA Blvd., Palm Beach Gardens. Employers exhibiting include: Aflac, AT&T, Mary Kay, Primerica and Terminix.
To register go to catalystcareer.com
Also having a job fair this week: Florida Atlantic University. Students and alumni can attend the university's Career Day & Technical Fair on Thursday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at FAU Arena on the Boca Raton Campus, 777 Glades Road. For more details go to fau.edu.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women