Houston ranks number one in the United States in the number of burglaries, U.S. media reported Friday.
Data based on burglaries to a home or an office show that Houston had more than 27,000 burglaries in 2011 alone, local TV channel ABC13 reported, citing the FBI Uniform Crime Report.
Chicago was not far behind on the list, with about a thousand fewer burglaries than Houston. Dallas, Phoenix and New York all reported more than 18,000 burglaries each.
Burglaries in the United States have stayed around 700 per 100,000 people over the past two year, according to the report.
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Cowboys Turn Back Clock to Glory Days
- Canadian Pacific Ends CSX Talks
- Kerry Cites Moral Need in Weapons Air Drop
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani