Houston ranks number one in the United States in the number of burglaries, U.S. media reported Friday.
Data based on burglaries to a home or an office show that Houston had more than 27,000 burglaries in 2011 alone, local TV channel ABC13 reported, citing the FBI Uniform Crime Report.
Chicago was not far behind on the list, with about a thousand fewer burglaries than Houston. Dallas, Phoenix and New York all reported more than 18,000 burglaries each.
Burglaries in the United States have stayed around 700 per 100,000 people over the past two year, according to the report.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Janet Yellen's Assets Grew by 8 Percent in 2013
- Friends Followed Similar Paths to Violent Jihad
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia
- California Moves Toward Ban on Plastic Bags
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson
- Petit Retires 46 Batters in a Row, MLB Record
- Identity Thieves Prey on Job Seekers
- Garcia Takes a Long Shot at McCarthy