Houston ranks number one in the United States in the number of burglaries, U.S. media reported Friday.
Data based on burglaries to a home or an office show that Houston had more than 27,000 burglaries in 2011 alone, local TV channel ABC13 reported, citing the FBI Uniform Crime Report.
Chicago was not far behind on the list, with about a thousand fewer burglaries than Houston. Dallas, Phoenix and New York all reported more than 18,000 burglaries each.
Burglaries in the United States have stayed around 700 per 100,000 people over the past two year, according to the report.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu