Houston ranks number one in the United States in the number of burglaries, U.S. media reported Friday.
Data based on burglaries to a home or an office show that Houston had more than 27,000 burglaries in 2011 alone, local TV channel ABC13 reported, citing the FBI Uniform Crime Report.
Chicago was not far behind on the list, with about a thousand fewer burglaries than Houston. Dallas, Phoenix and New York all reported more than 18,000 burglaries each.
Burglaries in the United States have stayed around 700 per 100,000 people over the past two year, according to the report.
Most Popular Stories
- Yahoo to Pay $1.1 Billion for Tumblr
- Gas Prices Expected to Stay High
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- Federal Rules Least of Coal Industry's Problems
- New 'Arrested Development' Episodes 'Dressed Up'
- Consumer Spending Will Offset Sequester: Economists
- Yahoo Indeed Buying Tumblr
- Facebook, Twitter Announce Apps for Google Glass
- AT&T Seeks to Fill 120 Jobs in South Carolina