Houston ranks number one in the United States in the number of burglaries, U.S. media reported Friday.
Data based on burglaries to a home or an office show that Houston had more than 27,000 burglaries in 2011 alone, local TV channel ABC13 reported, citing the FBI Uniform Crime Report.
Chicago was not far behind on the list, with about a thousand fewer burglaries than Houston. Dallas, Phoenix and New York all reported more than 18,000 burglaries each.
Burglaries in the United States have stayed around 700 per 100,000 people over the past two year, according to the report.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- Futures Fall, Holiday Spending and Unemployment Up
- Budget Deal Will Cut 220,000 Californians Out of Jobless Benefits
- Oil Nears $98 a Barrel