Disney Interactive and VEVO, the world's leading all-premium music video and entertainment platform, are joining forces to create premier family-friendly music experiences.
The partnership will include co-branded complementary destinations. Disney will feature videos from VEVO's premium catalog of more than 50,000 music videos on Disney.com, and Disney will curate and program the family-friendly music video experience across VEVO's online, mobile/tablet and connected TV platforms.
As part of the pact, Disney Interactive, Disney Music Group and Radio Disney will collaborate with VEVO to produce music-focused original programming, including coverage of exclusive events, music video premieres and live music experiences with Disney recording artists, which will feature across both companies' platforms.
"Music is a key component of the Disney.com offering and deepens the premium family entertainment experience we offer Guests online," said Jimmy Pitaro, co-president of Disney Interactive. "And now we are amplifying the Disney experience by partnering with the world's leading digital music video platform."
"Music is universally loved and shared by people of all ages," said Rio Caraeff, president and CEO of VEVO. "We are very proud to partner with Disney to offer quality music programming for families to enjoy together and on the viewing platform of their choice."
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Friends Followed Similar Paths to Violent Jihad
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia
- California Moves Toward Ban on Plastic Bags
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- Identity Thieves Prey on Job Seekers