Crude oil moved to less than $97 a barrel in New York Monday morning, as the dollar index rose 0.32 percent on the International Exchange.
West Texas Intermediate crude oil for March delivery gave up $1.29 to $96.48 per barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange. Reformulated blendstock gasoline lost lost 2.2 cents to $3.028 per gallon. Heating oil lost 0.46 cents to $3.1554 per gallon.
Natural gas added 2.1 cents to $3.321 per per million British thermal units.
At the pump, the national average price of unleaded gasoline rose to $3.523 per gallon from Sunday's $3.514 per gallon, AAA said.
Most Popular Stories
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Depp, Pfister Are Tech Philosophers
- U.S. Housing Starts up in March After Bitter Winter
- AC/DC Denies Rumor It's Done Rocking
- U.S. Capacity Utlization Rate Rose More Than Expected in March
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen