Crude oil moved to less than $97 a barrel in New York Monday morning, as the dollar index rose 0.32 percent on the International Exchange.
West Texas Intermediate crude oil for March delivery gave up $1.29 to $96.48 per barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange. Reformulated blendstock gasoline lost lost 2.2 cents to $3.028 per gallon. Heating oil lost 0.46 cents to $3.1554 per gallon.
Natural gas added 2.1 cents to $3.321 per per million British thermal units.
At the pump, the national average price of unleaded gasoline rose to $3.523 per gallon from Sunday's $3.514 per gallon, AAA said.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Budget Deal Will Cut 220,000 Californians Out of Jobless Benefits
- Futures Fall, Holiday Spending and Unemployment Up
- Senate Not So Keen on Budget Deal
- Oil Nears $98 a Barrel
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs