Crude oil moved to less than $97 a barrel in New York Monday morning, as the dollar index rose 0.32 percent on the International Exchange.
West Texas Intermediate crude oil for March delivery gave up $1.29 to $96.48 per barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange. Reformulated blendstock gasoline lost lost 2.2 cents to $3.028 per gallon. Heating oil lost 0.46 cents to $3.1554 per gallon.
Natural gas added 2.1 cents to $3.321 per per million British thermal units.
At the pump, the national average price of unleaded gasoline rose to $3.523 per gallon from Sunday's $3.514 per gallon, AAA said.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women