Witnesses said a man holding a knife to his neck was Tasered outside Buckingham Palace during the Changing of the Guard Ceremony.
Police arrived on the scene 10 seconds after the incident, The Telegraph reported. The man began to ran at police before they fired the Taser at him.
A video posted on YouTube shows the man taking swipes at an officer as the stun gun is fired, The Independent said.
Witnesses told The Telegraph that the man, in his 50s, had two knives and was shouting unintelligibly.
The incident occurred at 11:55 a.m. and the man was arrested on suspicion of causing an affray, The Independent reported.
A Buckingham Palace spokesman said he would not comment on the incident.
The queen and the duke of Edinburgh were at Sandringham, The Independent said.
Here's video of the incident:
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- FAA to Appeal Court Decision Allowing Commercial Drone Use
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- Spotify Picking up Echo Nest
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday