Witnesses said a man holding a knife to his neck was Tasered outside Buckingham Palace during the Changing of the Guard Ceremony.
Police arrived on the scene 10 seconds after the incident, The Telegraph reported. The man began to ran at police before they fired the Taser at him.
A video posted on YouTube shows the man taking swipes at an officer as the stun gun is fired, The Independent said.
Witnesses told The Telegraph that the man, in his 50s, had two knives and was shouting unintelligibly.
The incident occurred at 11:55 a.m. and the man was arrested on suspicion of causing an affray, The Independent reported.
A Buckingham Palace spokesman said he would not comment on the incident.
The queen and the duke of Edinburgh were at Sandringham, The Independent said.
Here's video of the incident:
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia