Witnesses said a man holding a knife to his neck was Tasered outside Buckingham Palace during the Changing of the Guard Ceremony.
Police arrived on the scene 10 seconds after the incident, The Telegraph reported. The man began to ran at police before they fired the Taser at him.
A video posted on YouTube shows the man taking swipes at an officer as the stun gun is fired, The Independent said.
Witnesses told The Telegraph that the man, in his 50s, had two knives and was shouting unintelligibly.
The incident occurred at 11:55 a.m. and the man was arrested on suspicion of causing an affray, The Independent reported.
A Buckingham Palace spokesman said he would not comment on the incident.
The queen and the duke of Edinburgh were at Sandringham, The Independent said.
Here's video of the incident:
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore