Julian Castro, mayor of San Antonio, Texas and touted by some as a rising star in the Democratic Party, will be speak March 16 as part of the Barbara Lee and Elihu Harris Lecture Series.
Castro, who last summer became the first Hispanic to deliver the keynote address the Democratic convention, will deliver a lecture with the theme, "Moving Forward Together."
He will speak at 7 p.m., Saturday, March 16, at the Oakland Marriott City Center, 1001 Broadway.
Seating is limited. For more information, call 510-434-3988
Visit The Oakland Tribune (Oakland, Calif.) at www.insidebayarea.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Photo ID Required for Unemployment Benefits
- Tech Firms to Increase Hiring for 4th Year in a Row
- Job Fair for S.C. Grads
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California
- China's Money Rate Drops on Slowdown Concern
- Millennials Favor Saving Over Investing: UBS