Julian Castro, mayor of San Antonio, Texas and touted by some as a rising star in the Democratic Party, will be speak March 16 as part of the Barbara Lee and Elihu Harris Lecture Series.
Castro, who last summer became the first Hispanic to deliver the keynote address the Democratic convention, will deliver a lecture with the theme, "Moving Forward Together."
He will speak at 7 p.m., Saturday, March 16, at the Oakland Marriott City Center, 1001 Broadway.
Seating is limited. For more information, call 510-434-3988
Visit The Oakland Tribune (Oakland, Calif.) at www.insidebayarea.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- 'Boats 'N Hoes' PAC Sunk by Complaint
- Natural Gas Shoots Up on Bullish Stockpile Report
- 8 Million Signups Put Obamacare Ahead of Predictions
- Judge Tells Dad to Quit Emailing His Kids in All Caps
- Naya Rivera and Lea Michele: The 'Glee' Fight That Never Was?