Julian Castro, mayor of San Antonio, Texas and touted by some as a rising star in the Democratic Party, will be speak March 16 as part of the Barbara Lee and Elihu Harris Lecture Series.
Castro, who last summer became the first Hispanic to deliver the keynote address the Democratic convention, will deliver a lecture with the theme, "Moving Forward Together."
He will speak at 7 p.m., Saturday, March 16, at the Oakland Marriott City Center, 1001 Broadway.
Seating is limited. For more information, call 510-434-3988
Visit The Oakland Tribune (Oakland, Calif.) at www.insidebayarea.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market
- Samsung Phones Cleared For U.S. Government Use
- Eric Garcia Appointed as Revenue Chief