Julian Castro, mayor of San Antonio, Texas and touted by some as a rising star in the Democratic Party, will be speak March 16 as part of the Barbara Lee and Elihu Harris Lecture Series.
Castro, who last summer became the first Hispanic to deliver the keynote address the Democratic convention, will deliver a lecture with the theme, "Moving Forward Together."
He will speak at 7 p.m., Saturday, March 16, at the Oakland Marriott City Center, 1001 Broadway.
Seating is limited. For more information, call 510-434-3988
Visit The Oakland Tribune (Oakland, Calif.) at www.insidebayarea.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response