A tour bus collided with a truck and a car in Southern California Sunday night, resulting in at least eight deaths, authorities said.
Besides the fatalities, 27 people were taken to hospitals, six in critical condition, the Los Angeles Times reported.
The 6:30 p.m. crash took place on a narrow mountain road leading to the Big Bear resort area near Yucaipa, said authorities, who had yet to determine the cause.
California Highway Patrol spokesman Mario Lopez said all of the known fatalities appeared to have been people aboard the charter bus, which was carrying 38 passengers, including children, and one driver, the newspaper said.
Firefighters spent more than 2 hours to get all the injured people out of the bus.
The name of the bus company had not been learned, the Times said.
Most Popular Stories
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Ebola Outbreak Strikes Fear in Minnesota
- Judge Orders Kurdistan Oil Seized
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007