A tour bus collided with a truck and a car in Southern California Sunday night, resulting in at least eight deaths, authorities said.
Besides the fatalities, 27 people were taken to hospitals, six in critical condition, the Los Angeles Times reported.
The 6:30 p.m. crash took place on a narrow mountain road leading to the Big Bear resort area near Yucaipa, said authorities, who had yet to determine the cause.
California Highway Patrol spokesman Mario Lopez said all of the known fatalities appeared to have been people aboard the charter bus, which was carrying 38 passengers, including children, and one driver, the newspaper said.
Firefighters spent more than 2 hours to get all the injured people out of the bus.
The name of the bus company had not been learned, the Times said.
Most Popular Stories
- Facebook, Twitter Announce Apps for Google Glass
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Exciting Night for UFC Fans
- Teen Drivers Should Be Prepared for Any Car-Related Situation
- Summer Movies Aimed at Young Men, Teen Boys
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked