Pop star Beyonce is to kick off her "Mrs. Carter Show World Tour" in Belgrade, Serbia, April 15, Parkwood Entertainment announced.
This is Beyonce's first multicity tour in more than three years. She gave birth to her daughter Blue Ivy in January 2012.
The European leg of her upcoming tour will include stops in Dublin, Ireland, Berlin, Germany; Paris and a four-night stint at The 02 in London, England.
Live Nation said the North American leg of the tour is to begin June 28 in Los Angeles. Stops will include New York's Barclays Center, home of the Brooklyn Nets basketball team of which Beyonce's husband, Shawn "Jay-Z" Carter, is a part owner.
She also is scheduled to play Atlanta, Houston, Toronto and Boston.
"'The Mrs. Carter Show World Tour' promises to be the entertainer's most ambitious undertaking to date," a news release said. "It is expected to be bigger in scope than any of her previous shows. Slated to run for almost one year, the second wave of the tour is planned for Latin America, Australia and Asia."
The tour news follows Beyonce's triumphant performance at the "Pepsi Super Bowl XLVII Halftime Show" in New Orleans.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response