Pop star Beyonce is to kick off her "Mrs. Carter Show World Tour" in Belgrade, Serbia, April 15, Parkwood Entertainment announced.
This is Beyonce's first multicity tour in more than three years. She gave birth to her daughter Blue Ivy in January 2012.
The European leg of her upcoming tour will include stops in Dublin, Ireland, Berlin, Germany; Paris and a four-night stint at The 02 in London, England.
Live Nation said the North American leg of the tour is to begin June 28 in Los Angeles. Stops will include New York's Barclays Center, home of the Brooklyn Nets basketball team of which Beyonce's husband, Shawn "Jay-Z" Carter, is a part owner.
She also is scheduled to play Atlanta, Houston, Toronto and Boston.
"'The Mrs. Carter Show World Tour' promises to be the entertainer's most ambitious undertaking to date," a news release said. "It is expected to be bigger in scope than any of her previous shows. Slated to run for almost one year, the second wave of the tour is planned for Latin America, Australia and Asia."
The tour news follows Beyonce's triumphant performance at the "Pepsi Super Bowl XLVII Halftime Show" in New Orleans.
Most Popular Stories
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Austin musicians point to a variety of reasons to appreciate McCartney
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Apple's iPhones, iPads Approved for Military Use, Sir Yes Sir!
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'