OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 02/28/13 -- Their Excellencies the Right Honourable David Johnston, Governor General of Canada, and Mrs. Sharon Johnston will attend the 2013 award ceremony for the Charles Taylor Prize for Literary Non-Fiction, in Toronto, on Monday, March 4, 2013, at 11:45 a.m. The ceremony will take place in the Sovereign Ballroom at the King Edward Hotel (37 King Street East, Toronto.)
On this occasion, His Excellency will address guests on the importance of books and the efforts that go into producing great non-fiction narratives.
About the Charles Taylor Prize
The Charles Taylor Prize commemorates Charles Taylor's pursuit of excellence in the field of literary non-fiction. The prize is awarded to the author whose book best combines a superb command of the English language, an elegance of style, and a subtlety of thought and perception. The five authors whose books have been shortlisted for the prize will be in Toronto for the awards ceremony. For more information, please visit www.thecharlestaylorprize.ca (information available in English only.)
Follow GGDavidJohnston and RideauHall on Facebook and Twitter.
Rideau Hall Press Office
Charles Taylor Prize
Most Popular Stories
- Ex-Mobster to Bulger: Just Say Sorry
- Google Stock Split Ahead
- Guns Are Hot in California
- El Paso Symposium Offers Help to Startups
- Small Businesses Hiring, but Worry About Expense
- OSH Selling Most of Its Stores to Lowe's
- Home Lending Offices Not Seeing Effects of Pickup
- How Green Is Google?
- Florida Enterprises Look to Costa Rica
- San Francisco Renters Battle Over Conversions