OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 02/28/13 -- Their Excellencies the Right Honourable David Johnston, Governor General of Canada, and Mrs. Sharon Johnston will attend the 2013 award ceremony for the Charles Taylor Prize for Literary Non-Fiction, in Toronto, on Monday, March 4, 2013, at 11:45 a.m. The ceremony will take place in the Sovereign Ballroom at the King Edward Hotel (37 King Street East, Toronto.)
On this occasion, His Excellency will address guests on the importance of books and the efforts that go into producing great non-fiction narratives.
About the Charles Taylor Prize
The Charles Taylor Prize commemorates Charles Taylor's pursuit of excellence in the field of literary non-fiction. The prize is awarded to the author whose book best combines a superb command of the English language, an elegance of style, and a subtlety of thought and perception. The five authors whose books have been shortlisted for the prize will be in Toronto for the awards ceremony. For more information, please visit www.thecharlestaylorprize.ca (information available in English only.)
Follow GGDavidJohnston and RideauHall on Facebook and Twitter.
Rideau Hall Press Office
Charles Taylor Prize
Most Popular Stories
- World Bank: Rich Countries Must Curb Emissions
- Airport Garners Social Media Award
- Social Media Campaign Increases Organ Donor Registrations
- What Will Happen When Quantitative Easing Ends?
- Immigration Reform Would Decrease U.S. Budget Deficit
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- Aetna Leaving California's Individual Health Insurance Market
- Conference Slated for Hispanic Tech Startups
- Tea Party Wants to 'Audit the IRS'
- Calories Count: Starbucks to Post the Numbers on Menu Boards