Nickelodeon announced a Dora the Explorer spin-off, starring the Latina who had children of all backgrounds speaking Spanish.
Dora and Friends: Into the City will feature a 10-year-old Dora, who goes on city adventures with a group of new friends, according to a press release.
"Fantastical twists and turns abound as the stories take Dora and her friends into exotic magical worlds waiting to be explored," reads the synopsis.
Dora's popularity rose quickly as she had children and parents of all ethnicities saying, "Vamonos!"
The spin-off also will contain Spanish to foster children's understanding of the language, "teamwork, music and community service," according to Nickelodeon. The series has been picked up for 20 episodes and will launch on Nickelodeon in 2014.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records
- Mo'Ne Davis a Big Winner Despite Loss
- Advocacy Group Calls for Chrysler Probe
- DHS Warns Retailers About Malware in Cash Registers
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map