Latina --> Nickelodeon announced a Dora the Explorer spin-off, starring the Latina who had children of all backgrounds speaking Spanish.
Dora and Friends: Into the City will feature a 10-year-old Dora, who goes on city adventures with a group of new friends, according to a press release.
"Fantastical twists and turns abound as the stories take Dora and her friends into exotic magical worlds waiting to be explored," reads the synopsis.
Dora's popularity rose quickly as she had children and parents of all ethnicities saying, "Vamonos!"
The spin-off also will contain Spanish to foster children's understanding of the language, "teamwork, music and community service," according to Nickelodeon. The series has been picked up for 20 episodes and will launch on Nickelodeon in 2014.
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project
- Entrepreneurs' Next Creation May Be New Laws
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts