Carrie Fisher's publicist says the U.S. actress and writer is out of the hospital and feeling better after a bipolar episode aboard a cruise ship.
Video showed the one-time "Star Wars" leading lady slurring her words and singing off-key while her dog defecates on the stage of the Holland America Eurodam luxury liner in the Caribbean last week.
Fisher, 56, was featured on the cruise as a surprise celebrity guest.
TMZ said Wednesday buzz among attendees of the show was the recovering alcoholic and drug addict was intoxicated at the time.
But her representative told the celebrity news website her strange behavior was related to her bipolar disorder.
"There was a medical incident related to Carrie Fisher's bipolar disorder. She went to the hospital briefly to adjust her medication and is feeling much better now," the publicist told TMZ.
Fisher is the daughter of actress Debbie Reyolds and the late singer-actor Eddie Fisher. She was recently seen in the celebrated autobiographical, one-woman show "Wishful Drinking" on Broadway.
She has been in the news in recent months as fans and the media speculate about whether she will reprise her role of Princess Leia in the upcoming "Star Wars" sequels.
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go