Carrie Fisher's publicist says the U.S. actress and writer is out of the hospital and feeling better after a bipolar episode aboard a cruise ship.
Video showed the one-time "Star Wars" leading lady slurring her words and singing off-key while her dog defecates on the stage of the Holland America Eurodam luxury liner in the Caribbean last week.
Fisher, 56, was featured on the cruise as a surprise celebrity guest.
TMZ said Wednesday buzz among attendees of the show was the recovering alcoholic and drug addict was intoxicated at the time.
But her representative told the celebrity news website her strange behavior was related to her bipolar disorder.
"There was a medical incident related to Carrie Fisher's bipolar disorder. She went to the hospital briefly to adjust her medication and is feeling much better now," the publicist told TMZ.
Fisher is the daughter of actress Debbie Reyolds and the late singer-actor Eddie Fisher. She was recently seen in the celebrated autobiographical, one-woman show "Wishful Drinking" on Broadway.
She has been in the news in recent months as fans and the media speculate about whether she will reprise her role of Princess Leia in the upcoming "Star Wars" sequels.
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- Social Media Can Help a Company's Credit Line
- Fuentes Makes NAHREP's Top 10 List
- Alfredo Ramos Martínez, Mexican Muralist, Symposium at Scripps
- Juanes Back to Singing About Love
- Hispanic Unemployment Eased in February
- Darrell Issa Apologizes to Elijah Cummings
- Florida Insurers Reach Out to Hispanics
- 2 Million Long-term Jobless Have No Benefits
- Boeing Freezes Nonunion Workers' Pensions