Carrie Fisher's publicist says the U.S. actress and writer is out of the hospital and feeling better after a bipolar episode aboard a cruise ship.
Video showed the one-time "Star Wars" leading lady slurring her words and singing off-key while her dog defecates on the stage of the Holland America Eurodam luxury liner in the Caribbean last week.
Fisher, 56, was featured on the cruise as a surprise celebrity guest.
TMZ said Wednesday buzz among attendees of the show was the recovering alcoholic and drug addict was intoxicated at the time.
But her representative told the celebrity news website her strange behavior was related to her bipolar disorder.
"There was a medical incident related to Carrie Fisher's bipolar disorder. She went to the hospital briefly to adjust her medication and is feeling much better now," the publicist told TMZ.
Fisher is the daughter of actress Debbie Reyolds and the late singer-actor Eddie Fisher. She was recently seen in the celebrated autobiographical, one-woman show "Wishful Drinking" on Broadway.
She has been in the news in recent months as fans and the media speculate about whether she will reprise her role of Princess Leia in the upcoming "Star Wars" sequels.
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Merck Profit More Than Doubles in Q2