CALGARY, ALBERTA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/28/13 -- Comments made by Tom Flanagan in Lethbridge yesterday absolutely do not represent the views of the University of Calgary . In the university's view, child pornography is not a victimless crime. All aspects of this horrific crime involve the exploitation of children. Viewing pictures serves to create more demand for these terrible images, which leads to further exploitation of defenseless children. Tom Flanagan has been on a research and scholarship leave from the University of Calgary since January of 2013.
Looking for a U of C expert for a story? Try our Experts Online: www.ucalgary.ca/experts
Stay up to date with University of Calgary news headlines on Twitter @UCalgary
University of Calgary
Office: 403.220-7722 or Cell: 403.540-6552
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women