CALGARY, ALBERTA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/28/13 -- Comments made by Tom Flanagan in Lethbridge yesterday absolutely do not represent the views of the University of Calgary . In the university's view, child pornography is not a victimless crime. All aspects of this horrific crime involve the exploitation of children. Viewing pictures serves to create more demand for these terrible images, which leads to further exploitation of defenseless children. Tom Flanagan has been on a research and scholarship leave from the University of Calgary since January of 2013.
Looking for a U of C expert for a story? Try our Experts Online: www.ucalgary.ca/experts
Stay up to date with University of Calgary news headlines on Twitter @UCalgary
University of Calgary
Office: 403.220-7722 or Cell: 403.540-6552
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Recordings Reveal a Not-So-Nice Martinez: Editorial
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party