Waze Ltd. won the Best Overall Mobile App by the GSM Association in the 2013 Global Mobile Awards at the Barcelona World Mobile Congress yesterday.
The Israeli navigation and traffic congestion app competed against Dropbox, Flipboard, Sky Sports' F1 Companion, and Square. Waze said in its blog, "It takes 40 million drivers to make a great service that impacts the world, and that's just the beginning. Imagine what we'll able to do at 100 million."
The Best Smartphone Award was won by the Samsung Galaxy S3, beating Apple's iPhone 5, Nokia's Lumia 920, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2, and HTC's Droid DNA, which is not available in Israel.
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Spending Will Offset Sequester: Economists
- Hispanic Grads Pass Their Peers in College Enrollment
- AT&T Seeks to Fill 120 Jobs in South Carolina
- Gas Prices Expected to Stay High
- California Considers Oil Tax to Fund Schools
- Dude! California Beach Parking Plan Making Waves
- Ford's Supplier Diversity Program Turns 35
- Yahoo to Pay $1.1 Billion for Tumblr
- Boise Terror Suspect Pleads Not Guilty
- NTSB Wants to Lower Blood Alcohol Limit to 0.05