Waze Ltd. won the Best Overall Mobile App by the GSM Association in the 2013 Global Mobile Awards at the Barcelona World Mobile Congress yesterday.
The Israeli navigation and traffic congestion app competed against Dropbox, Flipboard, Sky Sports' F1 Companion, and Square. Waze said in its blog, "It takes 40 million drivers to make a great service that impacts the world, and that's just the beginning. Imagine what we'll able to do at 100 million."
The Best Smartphone Award was won by the Samsung Galaxy S3, beating Apple's iPhone 5, Nokia's Lumia 920, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2, and HTC's Droid DNA, which is not available in Israel.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Challenger Raises Bar on Muscle Cars
- Fight Against Teacher Tenure Gains Momentum
- Small Businesses Could Get Paid Faster
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- California Chambers Head for the O.C.
- Reynolds, Lorillard in Merger Talks
- Perez Picks Heavily Hispanic Districts in Recount
- NHTSA Probes Ford Steering Problems
- Infiniti Exec de Nysschen to Head Cadillac