Waze Ltd. won the Best Overall Mobile App by the GSM Association in the 2013 Global Mobile Awards at the Barcelona World Mobile Congress yesterday.
The Israeli navigation and traffic congestion app competed against Dropbox, Flipboard, Sky Sports' F1 Companion, and Square. Waze said in its blog, "It takes 40 million drivers to make a great service that impacts the world, and that's just the beginning. Imagine what we'll able to do at 100 million."
The Best Smartphone Award was won by the Samsung Galaxy S3, beating Apple's iPhone 5, Nokia's Lumia 920, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2, and HTC's Droid DNA, which is not available in Israel.
Most Popular Stories
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- FCC May Allow Companies to Pay for Internet Priority
- NRA Seeks Universal Concealed Carry Permits
- Money Market Fund Assets up by $7.32 Billion
- Pols Back Away From Bundy After Racist Statements
- First-time Jobless Claims Jump by 24,000
- Durable Goods Orders Rose More Than Expected
- Putin Says Internet Is CIA Plot
- Freshman Senators Speak Out on Foreign Policy
- Hillary Clinton to UConn: 'Take a Stand'