Waze Ltd. won the Best Overall Mobile App by the GSM Association in the 2013 Global Mobile Awards at the Barcelona World Mobile Congress yesterday.
The Israeli navigation and traffic congestion app competed against Dropbox, Flipboard, Sky Sports' F1 Companion, and Square. Waze said in its blog, "It takes 40 million drivers to make a great service that impacts the world, and that's just the beginning. Imagine what we'll able to do at 100 million."
The Best Smartphone Award was won by the Samsung Galaxy S3, beating Apple's iPhone 5, Nokia's Lumia 920, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2, and HTC's Droid DNA, which is not available in Israel.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation