Waze Ltd. won the Best Overall Mobile App by the GSM Association in the 2013 Global Mobile Awards at the Barcelona World Mobile Congress yesterday.
The Israeli navigation and traffic congestion app competed against Dropbox, Flipboard, Sky Sports' F1 Companion, and Square. Waze said in its blog, "It takes 40 million drivers to make a great service that impacts the world, and that's just the beginning. Imagine what we'll able to do at 100 million."
The Best Smartphone Award was won by the Samsung Galaxy S3, beating Apple's iPhone 5, Nokia's Lumia 920, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2, and HTC's Droid DNA, which is not available in Israel.
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project
- Entrepreneurs' Next Creation May Be New Laws
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts