TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 02/27/13 -- Miller Brewing Company, a subsidiary of SABMiller plc, confirms that it is terminating its Canadian License Agreement with Molson Coors Canada. Although Molson Coors Canada has filed a lawsuit in Ontario seeking to prevent termination of the License Agreement, Miller is vigorously defending that action and maintains its right to terminate.
"While Miller brands make up only a small percentage of Molson Coors' Canadian sales, this decision reflects our belief that there exists the opportunity to grow Miller's brands in Canada," said Paul Gurr, Managing Director - Canada. "We see Canada as a country with a rich tradition of beer appreciation and believe we can better serve Canadians' needs through this transition."
SABMiller remains committed to the Canadian market, and Miller trademark brands will continue to be available within Canada.
Miller has provided Molson Coors Canada with the necessary 6-months' notice of termination, as of January 18, 2013. As such, the agreement will be terminated as of July 22, 2013.
Investor relations contact:
SVP Global Communications and Reputation
+44 20 7659 0105
Business Media Relations Manager
+44 20 7659 0188
Most Popular Stories
- Adam Levine Wins Big as 'The Voice' Crowns Champ
- 'Beyonce' Tops the U.S. Album Chart
- Archer Daniels Midland Moving HQ to Chicago
- Target Security Breach May Affect 40 Million Cardholders
- Tyson Foods Charged With Civil Rights Violation
- Bernanke Lets Congress Have It in Final Press Conference
- Wall Street Falls a Day After Surge
- Existing Home Sales Drop for 3rd Month
- Demi Lovato Leaving 'X Factor' to Return to Music
- Jobless Claims Climb by 10,000 in Week