TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 02/27/13 -- Miller Brewing Company, a subsidiary of SABMiller plc, confirms that it is terminating its Canadian License Agreement with Molson Coors Canada. Although Molson Coors Canada has filed a lawsuit in Ontario seeking to prevent termination of the License Agreement, Miller is vigorously defending that action and maintains its right to terminate.
"While Miller brands make up only a small percentage of Molson Coors' Canadian sales, this decision reflects our belief that there exists the opportunity to grow Miller's brands in Canada," said Paul Gurr, Managing Director - Canada. "We see Canada as a country with a rich tradition of beer appreciation and believe we can better serve Canadians' needs through this transition."
SABMiller remains committed to the Canadian market, and Miller trademark brands will continue to be available within Canada.
Miller has provided Molson Coors Canada with the necessary 6-months' notice of termination, as of January 18, 2013. As such, the agreement will be terminated as of July 22, 2013.
Investor relations contact:
SVP Global Communications and Reputation
+44 20 7659 0105
Business Media Relations Manager
+44 20 7659 0188
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property