TORONTO, CANADA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/27/13 -- Homeland Energy Group Ltd. (TSX: HEG) ("Homeland" or the "Company") wishes to advise that, further to its press releases dated November 5, 2012 and January 3, 2013 mining operations at Kendal will not be resumed until further notice.
Following a second tender process for a new mining contractor in January and February of 2013, several bids have been received. The Company is assessing these bids and also other viable alternatives at this time and will update the market as developments occur.
Homeland Energy Group Ltd. (TSX: HEG) is a coal producer with operations in the Witbank area of South Africa. The company also has a large-scale development property in South Africa and exploration interests in Southern Africa. Homeland will continue to seek out interests in additional coal projects in South Africa and neighbouring countries as well as internationally. Homeland Energy Group Ltd. is currently traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol "HEG" with 471,204,149 common shares issued and outstanding.
Homeland Energy Group Ltd.
Chief Financial Officer
+1 416 506-1979
Most Popular Stories
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids