PETAWAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 02/27/13 -- 3rd Battalion, The Royal Canadian Regiment, is pleased to announce that His Royal Highness Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh, will present a new Regimental Colour to the 3rd Battalion in Toronto, on April 27, 2013.
"The Battalion is honoured to receive its new Regimental Colour from our Colonel-in-Chief," said Lieutenant-Colonel David Quick, Commanding Officer, 3rd Battalion, The Royal Canadian Regiment. "This presentation of a new Colour is a proud moment and we are so pleased to be able to share this day with His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh."
His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh has been the Colonel-in-Chief of The Royal Canadian Regiment since December 1953. Regimental Colours are a kind of ceremonial flag which, historically, provided a rallying point for troops on the battlefield, and which today remind soldiers of their unit's history. They are the most prized possession of every regiment.
This is a private working visit for His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh to visit with the Officers and Non-commissioned members of the 3rd Battalion, The Royal Canadian Regiment.
For any queries please contact Captain Indira Thackorie, Public Affairs Officer, at 416-633-6200 x 5509 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Captain Indira Thackorie
Public Affairs Officer
416-633-6200 x 5509
Information: 1-866-377-0811/ (613) 996-2353
Most Popular Stories
- Aetna Leaving California's Individual Health Insurance Market
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits
- Calories Count: Starbucks to Post the Numbers on Menu Boards
- Comcast Takes a Stake in a YouTube Content Provider
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- OSH Selling Most of Its Stores to Lowe's
- What Will Happen When Quantitative Easing Ends?
- Is Stock Balloon Really a Pinata?
- Charitable Giving Sees Encouraging Growth
- First Person Cured of AIDS Virus Wants to Help Others