startupamericapartnership.org" target="_blank" >
WASHINGTON, DC -- (Marketwire) -- 02/26/13 -- Ten startups attending the 2013 SXSW Interactive Festival will have the chance to hone their customer engagement skills by participating in a 4-day version of Startup Weekend's NEXT Customer Discovery program. NEXT: Customer Discovery is a comprehensive curriculum rooted in Steve Blank's Customer Development methodology, built around in-person interactional with potential customers. The abbreviated SXSWi version will take place in the Startup America LIVE studio in Startup Village, and will feature a number of industry veterans who will mentor the participants during the four-day program.
"In just the few short months since its launch, NEXT has enabled hundreds of startups across the country to refine their customer development process, a critical component for any young company trying to reach their goals," stated Scott Case, CEO of Startup America. "We're excited to partner with Startup Weekend and Steve Blank to introduce this curriculum at one of the leading startup events in the country: SXSW Interactive."
Participating startups will receive hands-on feedback throughout the four-day period, including morning program sessions and one-on-one mentoring. In addition, the teams will then spend their days engaging potential customers, honing their business model, participating in office hours and receiving invaluable feedback from investors, media, and large corporations.
"This is a fantastic opportunity for startups attending SXSW to learn from the man who literally wrote the books on Customer Development," said Marc Nager, founder of Startup Weekend. "We've put together an incredible schedule for the startups and can't wait to see what they can accomplish in four short days in Austin."
Startups interested in participating in NEXT at SXSWi should visit www.swnext.co/sxsw/. The application deadline is Friday, March 1st. For a full schedule of events taking place at Startup America LIVE, please visit www.s.co/sxsw/program.
About the Startup America Partnership
The Startup America Partnership is a growing national movement of thousands of founders, experts and resources providing startups access to the corporations, investors, and services they need to grow and succeed. Launched at the White House in early 2011, the Partnership brings together startups and local champions from around the country focused on creating successful networks for young, high-growth companies to thrive. AOL co-founder Steve Case chairs the Partnership and the Kauffman and Case Foundations are its founding partners. American Airlines, American Express OPEN, Dell Inc., Intuit Inc., Microsoft and NYSE Euronext are corporate sponsors. The Partnership will identify, measure and report on the effectiveness of cross-sector collaboration in support of entrepreneurial ventures and its effect on job creation and growth. For more information on the Partnership, visit www.s.co and follow us at startupamerica">www.twitter.com/startupamerica and startupamerica">www.facebook.com/startupamerica
About Startup Weekend
Startup Weekend is a non-profit organization that supports the development and expansion of entrepreneurship through events worldwide that educate aspiring entrepreneurs by immersing them in the process of moving an idea to market. Startup Weekend has built a network of more than 100,000 alumni, thousands of volunteer organizers and 100 trained facilitators spread across more than 400 cities in more than 100 countries. Kauffman Foundation, Gates Foundation, Google For Entrepreneurs, AWS, .Co and Microsoft are sponsors. For more information, visit startupweekend.org/">www.startupweekend.org
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
Startup America Partnership
Most Popular Stories
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Contra Costa Times Chuck Barney column
- The News & Advance, Lynchburg, Va., Casey Gillis column
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Haitian music, culture take center stage at Compas Fest
- Gillian Anderson is fired up in 'The Fall', but Whicher is suspiciously dull ; The former 'X-Files' star channels her inner Helen Mirren in a new crime drama set in Belfast
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'