National sales of new single-family houses reached a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 437,000 in January, according to a joint report released today by the Census Bureau and the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
The rate is 15.6 percent over the revised December rate of 378,000 and 28.9 percent over the January 2012 estimate of 339,000.
The median sales price was $226,400, and the average sales price was $286,300. The report estimates the number of new houses for sale at 150,000, a 4.1-month supply at current sales rates.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women