National sales of new single-family houses reached a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 437,000 in January, according to a joint report released today by the Census Bureau and the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
The rate is 15.6 percent over the revised December rate of 378,000 and 28.9 percent over the January 2012 estimate of 339,000.
The median sales price was $226,400, and the average sales price was $286,300. The report estimates the number of new houses for sale at 150,000, a 4.1-month supply at current sales rates.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia