VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/26/13 -- Response Biomedical Corp. ("Response or the Company") (TSX: RBM)(OTCBB: RPBIF) is pleased to announce that Mr. Darby L. Darilek joined the Company on February 25, 2013 as its Director of U.S. Sales.
"This is an important hire for Response as we continue to solidify our plans to gain U.S. market share for our well-received product portfolio. This strategic hire comes on the heels of a successful U.S. FDA audit, the launch of the RAMP® 200 in the U.S. for use in laboratory settings and the recent signing of two significant U.S. based distribution agreements. We are pleased that Mr. Darilek has chosen to join Response at this critical juncture and that he will be leading the multitude of growth initiatives that we have enacted in the U.S. marketplace," said Tim Shannon, Senior Vice President of Worldwide Sales and Marketing for Response.
Mr. Darilek brings a tremendous amount of Clinical, Sales and Sales Management experience to Response. He started his career as a Registered Respiratory Therapist and Perfusionist before pursuing a career in Sales and Sales Management. He enjoyed success as an Orthopedic Sales Consultant with Biomet Central Texas Orthopedics, Inc. before moving into a Sales Management role with Stryker Orthopedics, Inc. Most recently, Mr. Darilek was a Regional Sales Manager at Teleflex, Inc./Arrow International responsible for managing a business unit with sales of approximately $25 million. Over the course of his seven year tenure at Teleflex/Arrow, Mr. Darilek won numerous awards including Regional Sales Manager of the Year in 2010 and 2011. He was a finalist for the award in 2012 prior to his departure from the Company after posting the highest percentage of achievement to plan and the highest year over year revenue growth for the third consecutive year. He will bring proven sales and distributor management expertise to Response's U.S. efforts. Mr. Darilek received his Bachelor of Science in Perfusion Technology from the University of Texas School of Allied Health Science and his Master of Business Administration from Our Lady of the Lake University.
About Response Biomedical Corp.
Response develops, manufactures and markets rapid on-site diagnostic tests for use with its RAMP® Platform for clinical, biodefense and environmental applications. RAMP® represents a unique paradigm in diagnostics that provides reliable laboratory quality results in minutes. The RAMP® Platform consists of a reader and single-use disposable test cartridges and has the potential to be adapted to more than 250 medical and non-medical tests currently performed in laboratories. Response clinical tests are commercially available for the early detection of heart attack, congestive heart failure, Flu A + B and RSV. In the non-clinical market, RAMP® tests are currently provided for the environmental detection of West Nile Virus and for Biodefense applications including the rapid on-site detection of anthrax, smallpox, ricin and botulinum toxin.
Most Popular Stories
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- The Blade, Toledo, Ohio, TK Barger column
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'