About 400 mourners attended Mindy McCready's funeral Tuesday in the late country singer's hometown of Fort Myers, Fla., People.com reported.
McCready intentionally shot herself at her Arkansas home last week after years of battling addictions to drugs and alcohol. She was 37.
Her fiance had also recently died and her two young sons were taken away from her after her family said she was drinking and using drugs again.
People.com said a white hearse, escorted by two police cars, transported the singer's wooden casket to the service at Crossroads Baptist Church Tuesday.
Pallbearers included McCready's three brothers -- Timothy, Joshua and Skyler -- and some of her cousins.
"Mindy adored her two children. She wanted them to know that. Through much agony and pain, she went to heaven. She is no longer sick. She is healed. Thank you for all who are here. Please pray for those boys. No matter what, she will always be my little girl, sitting in her car seat, singing into a hairbrush. The world was her stage," People.com said McCready's mother, Gayle Inge, told the mourners gathered inside the church.
A memorial service is also being planned in Nashville by McCready's friends in the music industry.
McCready was known for her hits "I'm Still Here" and "Ten Thousand Angels." She was also a participant on TV's "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew."
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women