KITCHENER-WATERLOO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 02/26/13 -- Desire2Learn Incorporated ("Desire2Learn"), a leader in providing innovative learning solutions, announced that it has been selected as one of Canada's "Best Managed Companies" for 2012.
"We're delighted to receive this stamp of excellence by Deloitte," said President and CEO John Baker. "This award is a testament to our fantastic team, their entrepreneurial spirit, and dedication to lifelong learning. 2012 was a year to remember at Desire2Learn and we look forward to continued growth and success."
In the past year, Desire2Learn has emerged as a market leader in the education technology industry, securing $80 million in funding from NEA and OMERS Ventures, releasing cutting-edge products in the mobile and analytics categories, and expanding into new markets globally.
"Desire2Learn is thankful to all of its employees for working hard towards a common goal and bringing Desire2Learn to the place it is today," Baker continued. "Congratulations to the other Deloitte 50 Best Managed Companies finalists and 'thank you' to the award sponsors, Deloitte and CIBC."
Desire2Learn is helping to transform the way the world learns. Providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire lifelong learners, Desire2Learn helps clients break down barriers to access the highest quality learning experiences, and is recognized for its leadership in accessibility. Desire2Learn is a global leader in cloud (SaaS) based learning solutions and provides an open and extensible platform to over 700 clients and over 8 million learners in higher education, K-12, healthcare, government and the corporate sector, including the Fortune 1000. Desire2Learn has personnel in the United States, Canada, Europe, Australia, Brazil and Singapore. For more information or to contact us, visit: www.desire2learn.com.
D2L Ltd., on behalf of Desire2Learn Incorporated
Virginia Jamieson, Director of PR
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women