Ethan and Joel Coen are penning the screenplay for a film adaptation of the book "Unbroken" to be directed by Angelina Jolie, The Hollywood Reporter said.
Laura Hillenbrand's 2010 non-fiction bestseller is about Lou Zamperini, who, as an Air Force lieutenant in World War II, survived a plane crash into the Pacific Ocean on a raft for 47 days, without food and water, only to be captured and imprisoned in a Japanese POW camp for two years.
The Coens are known for their films "True Grit," "No Country for Old Men," "The Big Lebowski," "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" and "Fargo," which they wrote, directed and produced.
Actress Jolie made her film-directing debut with 2011's "In the Land of Blood and Honey."
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Hispanic NASCAR Driver Ready to Make History
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Bank of America Agrees to Pay Record $16.65 Billion
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Stocks Moving Higher Again for 4th Day
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight