Ethan and Joel Coen are penning the screenplay for a film adaptation of the book "Unbroken" to be directed by Angelina Jolie, The Hollywood Reporter said.
Laura Hillenbrand's 2010 non-fiction bestseller is about Lou Zamperini, who, as an Air Force lieutenant in World War II, survived a plane crash into the Pacific Ocean on a raft for 47 days, without food and water, only to be captured and imprisoned in a Japanese POW camp for two years.
The Coens are known for their films "True Grit," "No Country for Old Men," "The Big Lebowski," "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" and "Fargo," which they wrote, directed and produced.
Actress Jolie made her film-directing debut with 2011's "In the Land of Blood and Honey."
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Zillow in Reported $2B Bid for Real Estate Rival Trulia
- Demand for Fair Trade Brings Big Opportunity, Clear Conscience
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Amazon Hiring on Calif.'s Central Coast
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Google Confirms $1B Acquisition of Twitch.tv
- Prison Workers Wanted
- Small Firms Take Out the Trash in Jersey