Ethan and Joel Coen are penning the screenplay for a film adaptation of the book "Unbroken" to be directed by Angelina Jolie, The Hollywood Reporter said.
Laura Hillenbrand's 2010 non-fiction bestseller is about Lou Zamperini, who, as an Air Force lieutenant in World War II, survived a plane crash into the Pacific Ocean on a raft for 47 days, without food and water, only to be captured and imprisoned in a Japanese POW camp for two years.
The Coens are known for their films "True Grit," "No Country for Old Men," "The Big Lebowski," "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" and "Fargo," which they wrote, directed and produced.
Actress Jolie made her film-directing debut with 2011's "In the Land of Blood and Honey."
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict