Ethan and Joel Coen are penning the screenplay for a film adaptation of the book "Unbroken" to be directed by Angelina Jolie, The Hollywood Reporter said.
Laura Hillenbrand's 2010 non-fiction bestseller is about Lou Zamperini, who, as an Air Force lieutenant in World War II, survived a plane crash into the Pacific Ocean on a raft for 47 days, without food and water, only to be captured and imprisoned in a Japanese POW camp for two years.
The Coens are known for their films "True Grit," "No Country for Old Men," "The Big Lebowski," "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" and "Fargo," which they wrote, directed and produced.
Actress Jolie made her film-directing debut with 2011's "In the Land of Blood and Honey."
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- Anarchy, Chaos Sweep Across Libya