Ethan and Joel Coen are penning the screenplay for a film adaptation of the book "Unbroken" to be directed by Angelina Jolie, The Hollywood Reporter said.
Laura Hillenbrand's 2010 non-fiction bestseller is about Lou Zamperini, who, as an Air Force lieutenant in World War II, survived a plane crash into the Pacific Ocean on a raft for 47 days, without food and water, only to be captured and imprisoned in a Japanese POW camp for two years.
The Coens are known for their films "True Grit," "No Country for Old Men," "The Big Lebowski," "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" and "Fargo," which they wrote, directed and produced.
Actress Jolie made her film-directing debut with 2011's "In the Land of Blood and Honey."
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Calif. Likes Christie, Says Tea Party's a Drag
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today