SAN DIEGO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/26/13 -- BrightScope (www.brightscope.com), a leading provider of independent financial information and investment research, today announced the Top 25 companies with the highest ranked 401k plans containing more than $100 million in assets in the finance and insurance sector. This is the second list in a new series that BrightScope will regularly issue to highlight the strongest plans within leading industries across the nation.
BrightScope obtains an increasing amount of its data directly from plan sponsors and record keepers, and augments these primary sources with data from publicly available sources such as the Department of Labor and the Securities and Exchange Commission. By analyzing and interpreting this data, BrightScope provides unprecedented transparency into the 401k industry.
"Financial services companies play a critical role in providing the investment and insurance products that deliver retirement outcomes for millions of ordinary Americans," said Mike Alfred, CEO and co-founder of BrightScope. "By offering robust 401k plans, these companies demonstrate their knowledge first-hand by promoting a promising financial future for their own employees."
Key statistics found on the list of finance and insurance companies with the best 401k plan:
•Average account balance for plans listed is $188,218 •96.85% is the average participation rate for plans on the list •Average company generosity for plans listed is $13,704; the median is $12,066 •Average salary deferral for plans listed is $10,514; the median is $10,081 •Thirteen of the plans on this list have immediate vesting, eight have graded vesting and the remaining four have cliff vesting
Top 25 finance and insurance companies with the highest ranked 401k plan containing more than $100 million in assets:
Company - Plan Name - BrightScope Rating
1.Wellington Management Company, LLP - Wellington Retirement and Pension Plan - 90.20
2. American Century Services, LLC - American Century Retirement Plan - 89.75
3. General Re Corporation - Employee Savings & Stock Ownership Plan of General Re Corporation and Its Domestic Subsidiaries - 89.39
4. Assured Guaranty Corp. - Assured Guaranty Corp. Employee Retirement Plan - 89.37
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women