The Central California Safety Council has scheduled a social media training workshop for children ages 10 to 13.
The event is set for May 19 from 2 to 4 p.m. The cost is $20 per child. The event will be at 6004 N. El Dorado St. in Stockton. Parents should attend the final 30 minutes of the workshop, at no cost.
The purpose of the workshop is to help young social media users understand the risks and responsibilities that go with being connected to others online. The workshop will include a discussion on how information is shared, who can see it, who is interested in it, how long it is available online, privacy policies and changing settings to gain maximum protection. The workshop also will show how vital it is to think carefully before posting information for everyone else to see.
For more information, contact program coordinator Tyler Moran at (209) 472-7233, ext. 116.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Utah Hosts US Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Meeting
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips