The Central California Safety Council has scheduled a social media training workshop for children ages 10 to 13.
The event is set for May 19 from 2 to 4 p.m. The cost is $20 per child. The event will be at 6004 N. El Dorado St. in Stockton. Parents should attend the final 30 minutes of the workshop, at no cost.
The purpose of the workshop is to help young social media users understand the risks and responsibilities that go with being connected to others online. The workshop will include a discussion on how information is shared, who can see it, who is interested in it, how long it is available online, privacy policies and changing settings to gain maximum protection. The workshop also will show how vital it is to think carefully before posting information for everyone else to see.
For more information, contact program coordinator Tyler Moran at (209) 472-7233, ext. 116.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Notorious RBG Tells All in Couric Interview
- Why Samsung Shares Plunged in the April-June Quarter
- House GOP Leaders Abandon Immigrant Bill
- NASA Plans to Make Oxygen on Mars
- Wisconsin Supreme Court: Voter IDs Must Be Free
- Market Loses All of July's Gains in One Day