The Central California Safety Council has scheduled a social media training workshop for children ages 10 to 13.
The event is set for May 19 from 2 to 4 p.m. The cost is $20 per child. The event will be at 6004 N. El Dorado St. in Stockton. Parents should attend the final 30 minutes of the workshop, at no cost.
The purpose of the workshop is to help young social media users understand the risks and responsibilities that go with being connected to others online. The workshop will include a discussion on how information is shared, who can see it, who is interested in it, how long it is available online, privacy policies and changing settings to gain maximum protection. The workshop also will show how vital it is to think carefully before posting information for everyone else to see.
For more information, contact program coordinator Tyler Moran at (209) 472-7233, ext. 116.
Most Popular Stories
- Ex-Mobster to Bulger: Just Say Sorry
- Google Stock Split Ahead
- Guns Are Hot in California
- OSH Selling Most of Its Stores to Lowe's
- El Paso Symposium Offers Help to Startups
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits
- First Person Cured of AIDS Virus Wants to Help Others
- Small Businesses Hiring, but Worry About Expense
- LULAC Convention Starts With Focus on LGBT Youth