The Central California Safety Council has scheduled a social media training workshop for children ages 10 to 13.
The event is set for May 19 from 2 to 4 p.m. The cost is $20 per child. The event will be at 6004 N. El Dorado St. in Stockton. Parents should attend the final 30 minutes of the workshop, at no cost.
The purpose of the workshop is to help young social media users understand the risks and responsibilities that go with being connected to others online. The workshop will include a discussion on how information is shared, who can see it, who is interested in it, how long it is available online, privacy policies and changing settings to gain maximum protection. The workshop also will show how vital it is to think carefully before posting information for everyone else to see.
For more information, contact program coordinator Tyler Moran at (209) 472-7233, ext. 116.
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project
- Entrepreneurs' Next Creation May Be New Laws
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts