The Central California Safety Council has scheduled a social media training workshop for children ages 10 to 13.
The event is set for May 19 from 2 to 4 p.m. The cost is $20 per child. The event will be at 6004 N. El Dorado St. in Stockton. Parents should attend the final 30 minutes of the workshop, at no cost.
The purpose of the workshop is to help young social media users understand the risks and responsibilities that go with being connected to others online. The workshop will include a discussion on how information is shared, who can see it, who is interested in it, how long it is available online, privacy policies and changing settings to gain maximum protection. The workshop also will show how vital it is to think carefully before posting information for everyone else to see.
For more information, contact program coordinator Tyler Moran at (209) 472-7233, ext. 116.
Most Popular Stories
- Microsoft Releases Free OneNote for Mac
- E.U. Puts Sanctions on Russia, Ukraine Officials
- Crimea Seeks Financial Integration With Russia
- Homebuilders Show Rising Confidence in Market
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Obama Imposes Sanctions on Russian Officials
- Chile Shaken by Major Aftershock
- 'Walking Dead' Takes a Shocking Turn: Recap
- Ford Flies High on Speed